While installing the ‘MSMQ HTTP support’ on a Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit machine, you run into the error shown below:
This behavior may occur because the password for the IWAM_computer account (IIS Anonymous Username) is mismatched between the Windows Active Directory and the IIS metabase.
It may also occur if the IWAM_computer account is locked out or disabled.
You need to match the password that is used by the IWAM_computer account in the IIS metabase with the password that is used by the IWAM_computer account in Active Directory. This can be achieved by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open a command prompt and type C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs get w3svc/wamuserpass
- Note the password that’s returned. The password is case sensitive
- Set the new password in the IIS metabase. From a command prompt, type the following command: c:\Inetpub\AdminScripts> adsutil SET w3svc/WAMUserPass Password where Password is the one set for the IWAM_computer account in the Windows Active Directory.
- Once the password is changed you will see the new password as below:
WAMUserPass: (String) “Password“
5. Reset IIS and then install the ‘MSMQ HTTP support’. ‘MSMQ HTTP support’ feature will be installed successfully.
Microsoft India GTSC.