HIPAA 5010 Errata support now available for BizTalk Server 2009


BizTalk Server team is excited to announce the availability of updated schemas and runtime to support HIPAA 5010 Errata in BizTalk Server 2009. The update is available as part of BizTalk Server 2009 Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) package.

 

The following 6 transactions are available in the update:

Transactions affected by the 5010 Errata

Base Version

ST03/GS08

Errata Version

ST03/GS08

270, 271 Health Care Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response

005010X279

005010X279A1

834 Benefit Enrollment and Maintenance

005010X220

005010X220A1

835 Health Care Claim Payment/Advice

005010X221

005010X221A1

837 Health Care Claim: Professional

005010X222

005010X222A1

837 Health Care Claim: Institutional

005010X223

005010X223A2

837 Health Care Claim: Dental

005010X224

005010X224A2

The CU2 download is available from the support location here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2497794.

Note:

  1. For HIPAA 5010, run the MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplatesKb973415.exe file in the hotfix package to self-extract the latest set of HIPAA 5010 compliant schemas. Save them to the following suggested directory: <Drive:>\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009\XSD_Schema\EDI. The HIPAA 5010 support can also be downloaded from here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973415
  2. For HIPAA 5010 Errata, run MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplatesKb2510733.exe file in the hotfix package to self-extract the latest set of HIPAA 5010 Errata compliant schemas. Save them to the following suggested directory: <Drive:>\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009\XSD_Schema\EDI

Customers are encouraged to try the update and provide feedback.

Reference:

HIPAA 5010 Technical Reports Type 3 (TR3), commonly known as Implementation Guides, are available from the Washington Publishing Company http://www.wpc-edi.com/content/view/817/1

 

-Karthik Bharathy

Comments (7)

  1. After installing the hotfix on my local development machine, everything seems to be working perfectly. However, after installing it to a shared Dev/QA server things seem to be misbehaving.

    The server in question is running BizTalk 2009 on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 on a VMWare box with AMD processors. The BizTalk databases are located on a remote SQL 2008 server, also running in a VMWare environment.

    After installing the hotfix on the server, I noticed a spike in processor usage by a specific host instance on the server dedicated to tracking. The processor spikes to 100% for 3-5 minutes before crashing. When the host instance crashes, I get the following errors repeatedly:

    Error 1 : Faulting application btsntsvc.exe, version 3.8.368.0, stamp 49b1dadf, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4480, stamp 49c51f0a, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000bef7.

    Error 2: Reading error.  Exception information:  Critical error encountered. SQLServer: SQL2K8BIZTALK, Database: BizTalkMsgBoxDb.Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown..

    Error 3: Execute batch error.  Exception information:  Critical error encountered. SQLServer: SQL2K8BIZTALK, Database: BizTalkDTADb.Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown..

    Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. Chris says:

    Any timeline on the Hipaa 5010 Errata for Biztalk 2010???? :)

  3. Chris says:

    Any timeline on the Hipaa 5010 Errata for Biztalk 2010???? :) Thanks

  4. ckress says:

    Is there any timeline for Hipaa Errata 5010 TR3 update for Biztalk 2010?

    Thanks

  5. Karthik says:

    The HIPAA 5010 Errata update for BizTalk Server 2010 is available as part of Cumulative Update 1 package. See blogs.msdn.com/…/announcing-biztalk-2010-cu1.aspx for more details.

  6. I was able to find a solution to my problem listed above. It turned out to be related to message tracking being enabled on some receive ports that I was unaware were configured as such. A large number of tracking instances had been added to the TrackingData_x_x tables in the msgboxdb. I ran the bts_CleanupMsgbox stored proc to clean the msgboxdb and everything seems to be running smoothly now.

  7. I had the same problem as dlindhurst, thanks for the solution to the problem dlindhurst!!