Microsoft today announced the general availability of BizTalk Server 2009, which is available to Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) customers and will be made available broadly in nine languages — Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish — on May 1. BizTalk Server 2009 delivers new capabilities to help customers more effectively integrate disparate systems, enhance end-to-end enterprise connectivity and more quickly exchange data across multiple platforms resulting in increased efficiency and lower costs. Key improvements in the BizTalk Server 2009 release include:
- New Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) experience to make development teams more productive
- New adapters and numerous enhancements that provide increased enterprise connectivity.
- New RFID mobile capabilities that will enable innovative solutions to drive business value.
As the sixth release for this mature server product, BizTalk Server 2009 provides a solution that allows organizations to more easily connect disparate systems. Check out the the following customer case studies to find out what early adaptors are already doing with BizTalk Server 2009:
Microsoft’s BizTalk Server 2009 release offers a range of new capabilities and advancements, including:
- Simple, Cost Effective SOA Connectivity: With new and updated adapters, BizTalk Server 2009 advances interoperability by providing more than 25 industry adapters that make it easier for customers to connect critical business applications such as SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Siebel and Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Increased Developer Productivity: BizTalk Server enhances the first-class developer experience provided within Visual Studio 2008 by offering new integrated capabilities including visual debugging, unit testing, and access to code artifacts.
- Better Visibility into Data and Activities: BizTalk Server 2009 enhances its Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) capabilities by reducing the complexity associated with trusted data collection and simplifying access to data.
- Leverage the Benefits of Virtualization: With BizTalk Server 2009 running on Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V, businesses can take advantage of the benefits that virtualization provide including cost savings, production server consolidation and business continuity management.
- Simple RFID Solutions: BizTalk Server 2009 RFID capabilities reduce the need for complicated custom coding for disparate device types. Businesses can now easily extend RFID capabilities to mobile environments and experience the benefits from updated standards such as TDT, EPC EPCIS and LLRP.
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Made Easier: BizTalk Server is now a first class citizen within the application development lifecycle by including new project management, testing and deployment capabilities.
BizTalk Server 2009 is again offered in four editions: Enterprise, Standard, Branch, and Developer. There will be no price increase over previous versions, and customers interested in upgrading to BizTalk Server 2009 can access complete pricing and licensing information on May 1 for all versions of BizTalk Server 2009.