Guest post by Jane Hurst, http://www.lifehack.org/author/jane-hurst & https://blog.getresponse.com/author/jane-hurst
Not only do you want to have content for your website that is going to draw people in, you need to be able to create content that converts. This is not always the easiest task in the world, because people get bored easily. If they are not happy with your content, they are just going to look at something else with content that they do like. You want them to stay with you, and be long-term customers, so you need to create content that is going to draw them in, and keep them interested. Today, we are going to take a look at a few different ways that you can do this.
- Create a Review Page – A good conversion strategy that a lot of companies are using is the review page, which gives customers a chance to really look over the offer and learn more. If you can give them information that they can use, they are going to be more interested, and it is going to be easier to make that conversion. Great example of successful review page is Snapsort comparison page.
- Make the Value Proposition Clear – You likely have a lot of competition, so you need to offer something that your potential customers want, and that offer has to be very clear. Your value proposition could make or break your content strategy, because if people can’t figure out what you are offering, they are going to be confused and lose interest pretty quickly. Before you even start producing your content, sit down and think about what you want to get out of it, and then make that very clear to your readers.
- Update Content Regularly – If you are not updating your content on a regular basis, people are going to get bored and move on to something else. This is particularly important if you are using content that is time sensitive. After all, who wants to read about something that happened last month when something even more interesting is taking place now. Check out Chipotle Catering Prices example, which shows the last update at the bottom of the page.
- Use Short Forms – No one wants to get something if they have to work too hard for it, especially when it comes to offers on the Internet. If you are using long forms that they have to fill out, many are going to not even bother. By using short forms, you can guarantee that you will get a lot of conversions that you would never get with long forms. After all, if they are interested enough to sign up, you should make doing it as fast and easy as possible.
- Ask for Feedback – How do you know what your customers really want? Ask them! There is no better way to create an effective campaign than to offer what your customers want and need. So, in order to have a site that converts, you need to start asking them for feedback. Give them the opportunity to tell you what they want, and use that feedback, both the negative and positive, to turn your site into one that really converts. Good example is Sell Samsung with their Testimonials page that redirects to Facebook Reviews.
- Test Your Headlines – If someone doesn’t like a headline, they aren’t going to bother reading an article, and you could end up losing out on a potential sale and future customer. So, you need to come up with headlines that grab attention and make people want to read more. This means that it will be necessary to start testing your headlines, to make sure that they are working. There is no specific formula to coming up with great headlines. You just need to try different things to see what is working with your readers.