We ran our first Azure BizSpark event in Sydney in April last year. Since then we have had Phone 7 ones in Melbourne and Brisbane as well as 2 more Azure Startup camps in Perth & Melbourne. Each one has been bigger than the previous one, and as we get feedback from each one, we take that on board to improve future events.
This time we have decided to combine the idea of the Phone 7 & the Azure Startup weekends into ONE MASSIVE BIZSPARK BONANZA!!!
Why? because each time we run a Phone 7 event, we find people want to have an Azure back end so want to learn about Azure as well. And the same happens with the Azure events – more and more people are interested in having a mobile front end for the application. So… after seeing this pattern start to emerge we have decided to create something new & completely un heard of – the Biggest BizSpark camp yet!
A 4 day BizSpark Bonanza!
Attendees will learn about Phone 7 development with the in depth training provided by Nick Randolph (Mobile MVP) then Day 2 they get to enjoy the Intensive Deep Dive in Azure thanks to Andrew Coates from the DPE team in Microsoft Australia.
Day 3 & 4 are all about building your application. By the end of Day 3 we do a test run through of your business pitch, then you have Day 4 to finalise the application & pitch before pitching to a panel of Judges and investors to win some awesome prizes that include HTC Mozart Phone 7’s, Xbox Kinect packs and the winning team receives an editorial PR piece.
Throughout the weekend, the Microsoft Marketing team will be involved in helping you mould & define a marketing plan around your product and as you work towards your final pitch on Sunday evening. there will also be business tips & tricks sessions and technical experts on hand to help you really get your application humming along!
So, if you are interested in getting 2 days of intensive training for Azure & phone 7, then taking advantage of the technical, business and marketing experts on hand throughout the weekend to build a proof of concept and prove your business idea – This event is for you!
- Level 2, 200 George St Sydney 2000
- 24th March Azure Technical Deep Dive 9am – 5pm
- 25th March Phone 7 Technical Deep Dive 9am – 5pm
The Weekend event is being held at:
- Microsoft Sydney Office
- 1 Epping Rd North Ryde 2113
- 26th-27th March Startup Weekend 9am – 7pm
- Register Now >
- The tools you will need on your machine to prepare yourself for Azure and Phone 7 Development
- Hands on instruction and expert assistance
- Power and network access
- Snacks and refreshments
- Post event technical resources so you can take your skills to the next level
- Business Connections that help you achieve future success for your Startup
- Your own laptop
- Your own credit card (for Azure activations this is required, even if you only setup for a trial period, but this event is free!)
- Your energy, passion and great ideas!
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you would like to volunteer to be involved in the weekend event or present a business session – please email your details to Catherine Eibner
PS – please register soon as places are limited