When you try to add a network place using the "Add Network Place" wizard and type a SSL enabled SharePoint Site it gives an error
"The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please Choose another."
As per the Whitepaper=> Microsoft SharePoint Services Understanding and Troubleshooting the SharePoint Explorer View
WebDAV does not support SSL and non 80 ports. FPRPC does supports both.
1. Perform the Method 2 as given in KB 888123 and then apply KB 892211
2. Open Internet Explorer (32 bit)
- Click on File menu -> Open and Type the SPS site
- Check the option -> Open as Web folder.
- It will open the Sharepoint Site in explorer view using FPRPC.
- Then Click under "My Network places" on the same window
- Add network place. Follow the wizard.
- Add the SPS document library to the network place.