Starting July 1, the new Bing Search API portfolio is available for purchase as a Microsoft Azure Marketplace offering.
The next version of Bing Search APIs are Cognitive Services – using the same core Bing platform and features that hundreds of millions of monthly users rely on for search across Bing, Cortana, Office, and trusted external partners. Developers at any level—from startups to enterprise teams—have instant access to our new search APIs.
These new APIs are REST APIs that follow the latest structured data standards (Schema.org, JSON-LD), making them easy to implement, with the same reliability and support that has made Bing a trusted search service for many industry leaders.
Some of the new features include:
- Search across billions of web pages, images, videos, and news results, with the high performance and relevance you’ve come to expect from Bing, and which tech-industry leaders rely on.
- Autosuggest services to improve accuracy and speed of user input in your apps and sites.
- Leverage assistive services such as spell check and adult intent signal.
- Access to trending topics including news, images and videos.
- Ability to filter image and video results by size, license, style, and price.
How to Purchase
The new Bing APIs are available now, so get your key today and start searching. The following three products are offered for purchase:
- Bing Search APIs – Bring intelligent search to your apps, webpages, and other experiences. Bing Search APIs include:
- Bing Web Search API for getting enhanced search details from billions of web documents.
- Bing Image Search API for scouring the web for images, the results including thumbnails, full image URLs, publishing website info, image metadata, and more.
- Bing Video Search API to find videos across the web, the results including useful metadata, including creator, encoding format, video length, and view count.
- Bing News Search API to find news articles, the results including authoritative image of the news article, related news and categories, provider info, and article URL.
- Bing Autosuggest API – Empowering users to complete queries faster by adding intelligent, type-ahead capabilities to their app or website. This helps users to type less and do more with automated and complete search suggestions.
- Bing Spell Check API – Helping users to correct spelling errors, recognize the difference among names, brand names, and slang, as well as understand homophones as they’re typing.
Existing Bing Search API and Web Results Only API End-of-Life
We are also announcing the end-of-life of the currently available Microsoft Azure Data Marketplace “Bing Search” and “Bing Web Results Only” API offerings on December 15, 2016 (approximately 6 months from now).
Partners who are currently using the APIs via the Microsoft Azure Data Marketplace will need to cancel their existing order and upgrade to the new Bing APIs that are part of Microsoft Cognitive Services before December 15, 2016. The new Microsoft Cognitive Services Search API offerings are available for purchase through https://azure.microsoft.com/marketplace.
If you are currently using Bing APIs from the Microsoft Azure Data Marketplace, click here to learn how to migrate to the new Bing APIs.
Bing for Partners team