Archived: February 14, 2008
This past week, the Microsoft adCenter API Production environment upgraded to Version 5 to improve efficiency, performance, and functionality. The Sandbox+ will receive Version 5 updates this weekend.
We recommend that you begin upgrading your Version 4 WSDL to Version 5 at this time. Because you will need time to rewrite your code, we plan to support Version 4 of the adCenter API for both the Sandbox+ and Production environments for at least 180 days.
Learn all about Version 5
To assist with your migration process and help address your Version 5 questions, the adCenter team will be holding a series of six adCenter Live Meeting sessions, beginning later this month. Each session will begin with a 30-minute walkthrough of the Version 5 changes, followed by a question and answer session that you can participate in. For a schedule of meetings and additional information, please visit the adCenter Developer blog.
To learn more about these new Version 5 features, refer to the Microsoft adCenter API Version 5 Release Notes and What?s New in the SDK for Microsoft adCenter API. To ask questions or provide feedback about Version 5, you can also visit our adCenter Developer Blog and the adCenter API Forum.
? Updated terms. The language used in the adCenter API object model now aligns with industry terminology. For example, order is now referred to as AdGroup.
? Improved reporting capabilities. Generate reports that contain data for multiple accounts, campaigns, and ad groups.
? Enhanced campaign management features. Update campaigns, ads, ad groups, and keywords without requiring values for the properties that are not being changed.
? Improved error handling.
And much more!
Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
For optimal performance in Version 5, we recommend installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0. For complete details about Version 5 compatible programs, visit our API SDK documents about using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 with adCenter API Version 5.
The following are the Production environment Version 5 Web Services URLs:
- CampaignManagement - https://adcenterapi.microsoft.com/Api/Advertiser/V5/CampaignManagement/CampaignManagementService.svc?wsdl
- NotificationManagement - https://adcenterapi.microsoft.com/Api/Advertiser/v5/NotificationManagement/NotificationManagement.asmx?wsdl
- Reporting - https://adcenterapi.microsoft.com/Api/Advertiser/V5/Reporting/ReportingService.svc?wsdl
The following are the Sandbox+ environment Version 5 Web Services URLs:
- CampaignManagement - https://sandboxapi.adcenter.microsoft.com/Api/Advertiser/V5/CampaignManagement/CampaignManagementService.svc?wsdl
- NotificationManagement - https://sandboxapi.adcenter.microsoft.com/Api/Advertiser/v5/NotificationManagement/NotificationManagement.asmx?wsdl
- Reporting - https://sandboxapi.adcenter.microsoft.com/Api/Advertiser/V5/Reporting/ReportingService.svc?wsdl
The Microsoft adCenter Team