While setting up a Report Server to run with SSL, one of my customers repeatedly got the following error message:
The interesting thing was that the /Reports folder worked fine, it was just /ReportServer that threw the exception above.
We followed the standard SSL/SSRS troubleshooting steps:
- We made sure SecureConnectionLevel was set to 2 (or 3)
- We made sure that that UrlRoot used a fully qualified domain name and included httpS: https://machine.domain.com/Reportserver
- We made sure that ReportServerURL basically looked the same way as UrlRoot (an S for https, and a FQDN for the machine name): https://machine.domain.com/ReportServer
Still, no joy...finally, we checked the cert associated with our Vdirs, and saw that it was created for domain.com versus machine.domain.com. Since we were just testing, we regenerated the cert to reflect machine.domain.com and we were good to go.