Today we released the second CTP (community technology preview) of Visual Studio 2013 Update 4 and TFS 2013 Update 4. You can read about the VS changes on the Visual Studio blog. You can download the CTP. Or you can check out the release notes. Also here’s the link to the blog post I wrote on CTP1.
TFS improvements in this CTP include:
- Work item performance improvements
- The ability to maximize the rich text editor and the comments on the history control
- Improve hyperlink experience in the rich text editor
- Increased the number of items you can have in the first and last columns on the kanban board
- Addition of the “stakeholder” license change
The addition of support for stakeholder licensing is certainly the largest change in this CTP. You can read more about stakeholder licensing. And you can go to the “Access Levels” tab in the TFS web access settings page in this CTP to see what it looks like.
I think our next Update 4 release will be our release candidate so we’re getting close to the end.