Today we released the final version of Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 and Team Foundation Server Update 3. You can get the update using the link below. Note that the link includes both the Visual Studio & TFS downloads (among other things) if you expand the Details section on the page.
I’ve blogged about the features before but I’ll reiterate that some of the biggest enhancements in this Update include:
- CodeLens support for Git
- Configurable display on in progress items on the backlog (a common customer request)
- Application Insights tooling
- Desktop app support in the memory usage tool (including WPF)
- Release management support for PowerShell/DSC and Chef
- Test plan/suite customization, permissions, auditing, etc.
- Cloud load testing integration with Application Insights for app under test telemetry/diagnostics
- and a substantial number of bug fixes (listed in the KB article).
Along side Update 3, we are also releasing an updated CTP of our Cordova tooling with support for Windows 7. Make sure to look for that too.
Thanks for all of your help with validating early drops of this release and we hope you like it. We’re happy to be delivering it and already turning our attention to Update 4. I’m hoping we’re going to see several very nice improvements to the TFS Agile planning tools in that release plus a lot more. Stay tuned. I suspect we’ll ship the first CTP of Update 4 in a couple of months.