Today we released the Release Candidate for the VS 2013 suite of products. This is a “go-live” production worthy version and will likely be the last publicly available build before we RTM. I strongly encourage you to try it out and let us know if you find any blocking issues. The clock is ticking and time is running out for us to make any more changes before the product ships.
I’m not going to write about it extensively since there will be so many other people who do. Instead, I’ll mostly provide you links to other places you can read more.
- You can start by downloading the bits while you read.
- The best high level overview is probably on Soma’s blog.
- You can provide feedback on Connect, the VS Feedback tool and UserVoice.
- You can ask questions in our forums.
- You can get support if you need it for production issues.
- You can also checkout the “What’s New” page.
Along with the RC release today, we announced the VS 2013 RTM (Oct 18th) and launch dates (Nov 13th).
I’m also very happy to note that we are making a build of Windows 8.1 available along with the Visual Studio RC. You can read more about that on the Windows blog.
There’s obviously a lot to know about everything we are releasing today. If there’s something you can’t find in all the resources I linked to, let me know and I’ll track it down for you.