This is a heads up that we have some important servicing things happening. Within the next few weeks we’ll be releasing:
- An update to TFS 2010 that includes a very important fix for a fairly rare but significant upgrade issue documented here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bharry/archive/2010/06/25/tfs-2010-upgrade-issue.aspx. We will be updating all Microsoft channels: downloads, MSDN, VL, FPP, etc so that customers will no longer be able to get the media without the fix.
- A rollup QFE that includes all of the fixes that we’ve provided to customers since release plus some that we’ve found internally while dogfooding. The list of issues is listed below for your review.
- A bit later we’ll be releasing the Lab “GDR” that updates all of the VS Lab Management components to be at “RTM” quality.
#1 is critical to be aware of and deal with. There is a QFE available today (see the blog post above for a link) and we are working hard on the setup refresh.
#2 contains some nice fixes (like reinstating the ability to branch from a label) but none of them critical.
#3 will be a superset of #2 so if you want to wait a bit longer to minimize their servicing burden, you can choose to do that.
- Labels created in TFS2008 do not contain items after migration to TFS 2010 under certain rename/delete conditions.
- TFS Cannot be re-installed (ATOnly) targeting a database that was patched before.
- Tfs2010Beta2ToRTM operation is not executed when RC database is upgraded by post RTM server (RTM + Patch1 or SP1).
- VS2008 “smart device” projects pick up the 2010 MSTEST rather than the 2008 one.
- Unavailable build agents are pinged indefinitely rather than giving up after an hour.
- Duplicate changeset listings in build report.
- Test results for VS2008 solution not published in case of a failed test.
- Cannot delete build drops if a controller goes down
- Open Process File Location” grayed out on menu- right click on a build definition when connected to a TFS 2008 server
- Branch from label has been removed in TFS 2010 – now it’s back.
- Convert folder to branch on a hierarchy root folder with children and cycle renames crashes VS.
- Unshelve reports bogus errors about a null DownloadUrl when dependent renames are shelved and child item names overlap.
- Incorrect query plan on QueryPendingChanges when querying all users pending changes can lead to bad performance.
- merge /discard in both directions causes unnecessary “empty” merges in future merge attempts.
- Issue in merge causes a conflict not to be generated when there is a rename in the target and source.
- Overly aggressive automatic detection of file encoding can result in inappropriate encoding mismatches during merges.
Work Item Tracking
- Work item queries containing references to deleted fields can cause a red X on the work items node.
Team Web Access
- Firefox Browser: “Link Selected Items to a New Work Item” and other dialogs don’t launch pages successfully
- Chrome Browser: Adding an attachment doesn’t work
- Chrome Browser: Select Query Dropdown doesn’t work in Choose Work Items window
- Chrome Browser: Retain/Delete a build in Build Report page will get an exception “Unexpected callback response”
- Query Picker Web Part Incorrectly Renders List Items (Rows) in List View (Overflow DIVs) within WebKit-based Browsers (including Safari, Chrome, etc)