Yesterday Jeff Beehler announced the availability of a new Team Foundation Server Operations Guide. This guide was assembled by the VSTS Rangers team in coordination with the TFS team. It augments the product documentation with additional guidance and best practices for managing/operating a Team Foundation Server.
- An explanation of a full TFS deployment topology
- Information on the various TFS service accounts
- Guidance on managing permissions
- Guidance for Backup & Restore strategies
- Information on monitoring options
- A rough operations schedule
- And more…
I hope this is helpful in understanding TFS operations. Over time this content will get migrated into the official documentation set.