Checking out the latest and greatest technologies is one of the coolest things I get to do at Microsoft. Not that it’s really part of my job, but since I love new tech, I make a point to try and keep up. One of the great ways to keep up is by attending the annual, and mostly internal, Microsoft TechFest event each year.
The highlights for me this year that I can publically share are:
- The very cool way to interact in 3D with what’s “behind” the screen
- IllumiShare for whiteboarding across the globe in a way that actually works
- The Wearable Multitouch Projector
- As someone who enjoys traveling the world, the Microsoft Translator Hub gives me hope to better understand people I meet. There’s a video of it too.
- Plus, it’s amazing to see Kinect used in so many projects. Just search for the word “Kinect” on this page to see them. I really think it will change the way we interact with computers. One example is the Gesture Recognition with Next-Generation Webcam project.
You can see all of the latest news coming out of TechFest via Bing News