I finally took the time today to explain my job as Director of Consumer & Online Global Account Programs. Roughly it is:
I try to explain the capabilities of new technologies to marketers in terms of customer reach, growth, and engagement for their brands. The trick is to explain what various technologies can do in a such a way that will spark their imagination so they can go on to create new branded consumer experiences.
The technologies that I often touch on include:
- Microsoft Tag
- Messenger Connect
- Messenger Activity Stream
- Windows Live Messenger games and activities
- Internet Explorer (now focused on IE9 and HTML5)
- XBox 360 and XBox Live games
- Facebook Open Graph and APIs
- Microsoft BI products
- Windows Azure and cloud computing in general
- Windows Phone 7: games and applications
- Windows 7: desktop gadgets and themes
Note: I also posted this to my social media blog.