Tonight on http://www.tailrank.com/, a link to "A Guide to: How to Win Friends & Influence People" came up on and it covers the entire book by Dale Caregie, and specifically also covers Leading and Motivating Others. See the link for details, but the general idea is:
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
- Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly.
- Let the other person save face.
- Make the fault seem easy to correct. Use encouragement.
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement.
It's been a few years since I read the book, but I do remember the book is full of all sorts of great tips like this.