As a manager, you often have to get people excited in your plan, ideas, or goals. I call this “selling your vision”, which means you have to sell your plan, ideas, or goals to “them”. So you have to know what is in it for them. Here are my tips to keep in mind when preparing your sales pitch:
· Who are “them”?
· What will appeal to them?
· What are the advantages towards their needs?
· How to demonstrate these advantages as outcomes that they will care about?
· What will I need to change to sell the idea to them?
· What values are important to them?