Today, we announced BizSpark, a global program designed to help accelerate the success of early stage software Startups. This is an awesome program that is really going to change the way startups evaluate technology usage. Choosing Microsoft, not only gets you best of breed technology solutions, but now marketing, demand generation, support, and more! The net cool thing here is a startup can build a killer software app in the cloud and money off it for 3 years for $100 — pretty sweet.
By joining BizSpark, Startups get:
- Software: fast and easy access to Microsoft’s current full-featured development tools, platform technologies, and unlimited production licenses of server products for immediate use in developing and bringing to market innovative and interoperable solutions with no upfront costs and minimal requirements. Startups will also get access to the community technology preview (CTP) of the Microsoft Azure Services Platform.
- Support: professional technical support from Microsoft (MSDN) and community support from BizSpark Network Partners around the world who provide a wide range of support resources for software startups. Network Partners are incubators, investors, advisors, government agencies and hosters who are vested in software-fueled innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Visibility: a dedicated online startup directory, BizSparkDB, on the Microsoft Startup Zone website (www.microsoftstartupzone.com) where we will highlight promising companies from around the world, including the “BizSpark Startup of the Day”. Through their relationship with Microsoft and BizSpark Network Partners, startups will achieve global visibility to an audience of potential investors, clients and partners.
Plus, there is no up-front cost and no commitment (leave whenever you want). At the end (after 3 years), you pay $100. Yea that’s it.
We’ve also lined up hosters like goGrid, Rackspace, or Opsource to help get you started.
If you want in, startup can get access to BizSpark either through a Network Partner (e.g. TiE, NVCA, select Venture Capitalists, and over 300+ entrepreneurial-focused organizations with a strong track record to helping young and promising technology companies success or through Microsoft BizSpark Program Leads (called “BizSpark Champs”). Startups can find both at Microsoft.com/bizspark.
Partners like TechStars, KPCB, Angel Capital Association or the European Business Angel Network are on board with us.
Eligibility for the program
BizSpark is available to startups that fit the following criteria, nominated by Network Partners or MSFTEES:
- A private company building a software-based product or service
- In business for less than 3 years
- Less than USD $1M in revenue (2-4 local variants exist)
- Participation lasts up to three years
- BizSpark is immediately available worldwide in most countries
- 82 countries have a BizSpark Program Lead (“BizSpark Champs”) to provide support
Please visit www.microsoftstartupzone.com/bizspark for detailed program information.
Spread the word (I’m becoming a champ too so I can help)