My friends over in the Visual Studio User Experience group have put together an awesome program to get feedback from engineers to engineers — this is your chance to really get deeply involved in the product feedback cycle and make sure your opinon is heard.  I highly encourage anyone who is actively using VS2005 and has an opinion to apply to participate.  Oh and get some free software for your time too — XBOX games, VS Pro, and more…

Details from the team below:

To improve our next release, Microsoft wants to connect everyday users of Visual Studio 2005 with our internal engineers – Engineer-to-Engineer.  We’re looking for you to give us feedback on how to make the current product better.  If you use Visual Studio 2005 as part of your daily work, you are invited to participate in a one-time 1-4 hour survey, and then to join our Engineer-to-Engineer (E2E) Connection Program with opportunities to continue your participation beyond our initial survey.  Participation is totally voluntary and it’s up to you to decide your level of participation.  Participation ranges from our one-time survey to future direct-interaction with product teams in defining our product.

Each time you are selected (and are able) to participate in one of our E2E Connection Program activities, you can select a gratuity of your choice from our extensive library of titles.  Gratuities include several of our software packages ranging from Visual Studio Pro through Xbox games.

If you are interested and would like more information, please contact Andy (a-andy@microsoft.com).  If you are a good match, we will ask you to complete our survey in March.  We appreciate your consideration regarding participation in our E2E Connection Program.

1. chenji'an says:

is Visual Studio  2005 of the  thing to Visual Studio   2003?

not where of  then sun to java of this

2. It is not my custom to volunteer to be a "Blog Repeater". In this case however, the request comes from…

3. Via Brian

You can actively influence and shape the next version of Microsoft Visual Studio! …

4. P.M.Bennit says:

i am studying .net so i need some nots

5. Brian says:

I think this is a great opportunity for those of us down in the trenches, who may not of reached MVP status (yet) and can’t gain the larger audience needed to make change, yet still have a lot of feedback to give to the developers out in WA.

Thanks for putting this out there Brian.

BPJ

6. CG says:

Why can’t I just write what I want in a web form on MSDN.

I work with solutions made by other developers (Orginizing Code). Before launching the development I want to see the application run. This can usually tell me how long it will take to work with (e-mail the people sending me the solutions, "DO NOT SEND MORE IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME"). Of course before that I take more into consideration, If it is a big application in one project I will usually put it into much smaller Class Library. The more files, the less orginized is a common rule here.

What I really want is to be able to right click a file, project, or solution and press compile. I don’t like having to launch the IDE to do that (Too Much Time).

I hope someone reads this.

7. Monique says:

Hi Brian,

Can you post the minimum criterian that is seeked to participate?  The current posting is too vague.

8. Monique says:

Hi Brian,

Are you looking for students, hobbyist, CSEs, ISVs, some of whom are from other disciplines – like marketing and sales, that found themselves heavily coding some markting app.

9. Mike Vance says:

I did not see ASP.Net as part of VS 2005 Pro,  is ASP.Net a seperate product?

Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 Professional Edition Includes:

Microsoft Visual Basic®, Microsoft Visual C#®, Microsoft Visual C++®, and Microsoft Visual J#® programming languages

Tools for building Windows® and Web solutions

SmartPhone and Pocket PC development tools for building Windows CE–based applications

Visual Database Tools

XSD and XSLT editing and debugging

Advanced debugging tools, including cross-machine debugging

Visual Basic and Visual C# development of stored procedures, functions, and triggers when combined with SQL ServerTM 2005

Tools for building server-based solutions

Thanks – Mike

10. bgold says:

Mike – ASP.NET is a part of the .NET Framework — Visual Studio is the tool you use to build applications that target the .NET Framework, hence ASP.NET — there is a component in VS called Visual Web Developer that starts at the express level (Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition) and grows in richness and feature set up the stack from VS2005 Standard, VS2005 Pro, and ultimately VS Team System.  It is language agnostic, so you can build ASP.NET applications in the language of your choosing (VB, C#, etc.)  visit http://www.asp.net/ to download VWD Express for free and give it a test drive.  IF you already have VS Pro, install it (it installs the .NET Framework 2.0 for you) and you will be able to start building new websites using VS05 and ASP.NET 2.0.

Hope this helps!

11. Mike Vance says:

Thanks Brian,  I just stuck my head out of the VB6 developers box.  I wanted to make sure before I purchased VS05 Pro.  I looked over VS 2003 and I was having a hard time grasping some of the features or the lack of them.  I watch folks struggle with VS 2003 VB.Net on database applications which could be developed in a couple of hours in VB6.  VS05 looks more promising and worth a purchase.

Skip to main content