I was doing some content analysis this morning for this blog and the LightSwitch team blog and I thought it would be fun to list off the most viewed LightSwitch team articles of 2012. Then I thought it would probably be helpful to also look at the most popular “How Do I” videos on the Developer Center as well.
It’s exciting to see one of the most popular posts was the announcement of the HTML Client which brings the ease and speed of business app development to mobile devices as well as optional deployment and integration with SharePoint 2013 / Office 365. See my post on how to get started with the HTML Client.
Make sure you check these gems out!
Top 20 LightSwitch Team Articles (most views in 2012)
- Deployment Guide: How to Configure a Web Server to Host LightSwitch Applications
- Beginning LightSwitch: Getting Started
- Announcing the LightSwitch HTML Client!
- Getting Started with LightSwitch in Visual Studio 2012
- “I Command You!” – LightSwitch Screen Commands Tips & Tricks
- How to Import Data from Excel
- Beginning LightSwitch Part 1: What’s in a Table? Describing Your Data
- Advanced LightSwitch: Writing Queries in LightSwitch Code
- The Anatomy of a LightSwitch Application Series Part 1 – Architecture Overview
- Creating a Custom Add or Edit Dialog
- Beginning LightSwitch Part 3: Screen Templates, Which One Do I Choose?
- New Features Explained – LightSwitch in Visual Studio 2012
- Visual Studio 2012 Launch: Building Business Apps with LightSwitch
- Diagnosing Problems in a Deployed 3-Tier LightSwitch Application
- The Anatomy of a LightSwitch Application Part 4 – Data Access and Storage
- How Do I: Display a chart built on aggregated data
- The LightSwitch HTML Client: An Architectural Overview
- How to Create a Multi-Column Auto-Complete Drop-down Box in LightSwitch
- Tips and Tricks for Using the Screen Designer
- How to Create a Many-to-Many Relationship
Top 10 How Do I Videos
- How Do I: Define My Data in a LightSwitch Application?
- How Do I: Create a Master-Details (One-to-Many) Screen in a LightSwitch Application?
- How Do I: Pass a Parameter into a Screen from the Command Bar in a LightSwitch Application?
- How Do I: Get Started with the LightSwitch Starter Kits?
- How Do I: Create an Edit Details Screen in a LightSwitch Application?
- How Do I: Create a Search Screen in a LightSwitch Application?
- How Do I: Deploy a Visual Studio LightSwitch Application
- How Do I: Create a Screen that can Both Edit and Add Records in a LightSwitch Application?
- How Do I: Sort and Filter Data on a Screen in a LightSwitch Application?