Over on the LightSwitch team blog we’ve been posting a series of “How To” articles that have gotten pretty popular that you probably want to check out if you’re evaluating LightSwitch. Most of these How To articles cover topics not already covered in the How Do I videos.
- How To Use Lookup Tables with Parameterized Queries
- How To Create a Custom Search Screen
- How Do I: Import and Export Data to/from a CSV file
- How Do I: Create and Use Global Values In a Query
- How Do I: Filter Items in a ComboBox or Modal Window Picker in LightSwitch
- How to Communicate across LightSwitch Screens
- How to create a RIA service wrapper for OData Source
- How to Configure a Machine to Host a 3-tier LightSwitch Beta 1 Application
Developer Center Update:
We also made some updates to the LightSwitch Developer Center that hopefully will make it easier to navigate task-based content. The LightSwitch Developer Center is your one-stop-shop for getting started with and learning about LightSwitch :-). If you take a look at the home page and Learn page, we’ve added a section that calls out some focused learning content around building & deploying applications as well as some good links to learn more about the architecture of LightSwitch.
More content will build up as we approach Beta 2 so I wanted to start organizing things by tasks/topics. We’re also putting together a list of community sites and third-party extensions as we approach RTM so if you’re talking/teaching about LightSwitch right now I want to hear from you. ;-)