I’m back with Boris Scholl, the Program Manager who designed the BDC Model designer in Visual Studio 2010. Boris is a SharePoint expert, and in this interview he shares some tips and tricks having to do with BDC model deployment to SharePoint 2010. He provides insight into what the designer is doing behind the scenes, what happens when you deploy the package, and how you can configure it to do exactly what you need.
Channel 9 Interview: Tips & Tricks with Business Data Connectivity Model Deployment in Visual Studio 2010
Boris and I are good friends and in this interview we joke around a bit as he explains to me (a total SharePoint n00b!) how BDC models work. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.
For more information on SharePoint Development in Visual Studio 2010 please see:
- SharePoint Development in Visual Studio 2010 Walkthroughs
- SharePoint Development in Visual Studio 2010 Samples
- SharePoint Development with Visual Studio 2010 Video Series
- SharePoint 2010 Development Resources
For more SharePoint 2010 interviews with the Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint tools team members see:
- Overview of SharePoint Development in Visual Studio 2010
- Importing SharePoint Solution Packages (WSP) into Visual Studio 2010
- SharePoint Feature and Package Designers in Visual Studio 2010
- Using the SharePoint Business Data Connectivity Designer in VS 2010
- Implementing a Silverlight SharePoint WebPart with Visual Studio 2010
- Best Practices on Building SharePoint 2010 Web Parts with Visual Studio 2010