This time I interview a good friend of mine, Boris Scholl, a Program Manager on the Visual Studio Team building tools for SharePoint development. Boris shows off the new Business Data Connectivity designer in Visual Studio 2010 and how it allows you to describe data coming from multiple data sources and how to work with them in SharePoint. He builds a master/detail association across entities coming from separate data sources (a database and a service) and demonstrates how the entities can be displayed and edited.
Channel 9 Interview: Using the SharePoint Business Data Connectivity Designer in Visual Studio 2010
For more information on SharePoint Development in Visual Studio 2010 please see:
- SharePoint Development in Visual Studio 2010 Walkthroughs
- SharePoint Development in Visual Studio 2010 Samples
- SharePoint 2010 Development Resources
- SharePoint Team Blog
- Office Development in Visual Studio Team Blog
Also if you missed them, check out these interviews as well:
- Overview of SharePoint Development in Visual Studio 2010
- Importing SharePoint Solution Packages (WSP) into Visual Studio 2010
- SharePoint Feature and Package Designers in Visual Studio 2010
And please give us your feedback in the SharePoint Development Forums!