Here’s a summary of all the content the VB team members, including myself, have created for you on the Developer Center these past couple of months to make it easier to find. We launched a new UI on the Developer Center and it’s a great place to visit often because we now have aggregated blogs from the VB team members and some VB MVPs — more will be added soon! Headlines also change frequently and MVPs donate community articles that you should definitely check out. You can also grab rss feeds for Downloads, How-Do-I videos and Resources all from the home page.
New How Do I Videos:
- How Do I: Upgrade Visual Basic Projects to Enable LINQ?
- How Do I Get Started with LINQ to XML?
- How Do I Enable XML IntelliSense and Use XML Namespaces?
- How Do I Create XML Documents from SQL Data?
- How Do I Create Excel Spreadsheets using LINQ to XML?
Channel 9 Interviews:
- John Stallo on Building N-Tier Applications in VS 2008
- Offline Data Synchronization Services in Visual Studio 2008
- Matt Gertz Plays Cards with Visual Basic
- Using Custom Business Objects with Windows Communication Foundation
- Spelunking the DOM with Silverlight 1.1 – Part 1
- Spelunking the DOM with Silverlight 1.1 – Part 2: Integrating Web Services
- Programming With XML Using Visual Basic 9
- Basic Instincts: Lambda Expressions
- Basic Instincts: Extension Methods in Visual Basic 2008
- Quickly Import and Export Excel Data with LINQ to XML
- Silverlight Ux Musings: Controlling Alignment of UI Elements [Corrina Barber]
- Let the Music Play! (Matt Gertz)
- Create a WPF Form to choose a text color
- Using My.Settings and WCF Configuration with the Interop Forms Toolkit
- Embed Code and Avoid Underscores in Your Multiline Strings
- Getting Started with LINQ to XML
- A Note about Enums (Scott Wisniewski)
- Resize your pictures for your phone or pocket pc
- Generate and run PowerShell scripts dynamically
- Use new XML Features of VB to generate dynamic scripts and text files
- LINQ to SQL and One-To-Many Relationships
- Customize the display of types in the Debugger using Extension Methods and DebuggerDisplay Attribute
- Using Data Across Multiple Windows Forms
- Create your own web browser on your SmartPhone
- Customizing Displays in the Debugger for System Types
- Option Strict [On|Off|SortOf]
- Binding Multiple Combo Boxes to the Same Data Source
- How to generate dynamic images for your web application
- Lambda Expressions and Expression Trees
- Fun with VB !!!
VB WPF Samples:
- Continued search for Small Business Developers and Chapter 2 of Petzold’s book (finally!)
- Why you should learn WPF (and how I can help)