So I decided to post a summary of all the content the VB team members, including myself, have created for you on the Developer Center these past couple of months to make it easier to find. The Developer Center is a great place to visit often because the VB Team, myself and Paul Vick’s blogs are all aggregated on the home page. Headlines also change frequently and MVPs donate community articles that you should definitely check out. We also have feeds of the CodePlex Projects and VB Forum posts that display dynamic content as well. Soon we’ll have even more content feeds and community features so stay tuned and check back often.
Content Item Details (Since July 1)
Channel 9 Interviews:
- Erik Meijer Shows Us His Favorite Visual Basic 9.0 Feature – XML Literals
- Building Hybrid Applications with the Interop Forms Toolkit 2.0
- Performance Improvements in Visual Studio 2008
- Enabling LINQ: Kit George Shows Off His Favorite VB 9.0 Language Features
- TechEd Booth Demo: LINQ to XML in VB 9.0
- Extension Methods in Visual Basic 9.0
- Visual Basic Intellisense Improvements in VS 2008
- Amanda Silver on Visual Basic LINQ Syntax in Visual Studio 2008
- LINQ to SQL and the O/R Designer in VS 2008
Eight more How Do I videos were released since July 1st and a new series started on LINQ:
- LINQ Series
#1 | How Do I: Get Started with LINQ?
#2 | How Do I: Perform Group and Aggregate Queries?
#3 | How Do I: LINQ over DataSets?
#4 | How Do I: Get Started with LINQ to SQL?
#5 | How Do I: Create a One-To-Many Form using LINQ to SQL?
- Forms over Data Series
#15 | How Do I: Understand Data?
#16 | How Do I: Update Related Tables?
- Object Binding Series
#4 | How Do I: Add Filter Support?
15 articles (some with sample code) published since July 1st
Fresh headlines rotated through this month (these are also shown in the VS start page)
Community submitted articles section started:
Webcasts since July 1: