This morning we delivered the 15th webcast in the BenkoTips Live & On Demand series. We talked about changes in the architecture of IIS 7.0, security, custom modules and how to configure IIS 7.0 for PHP applications.
We showed how the configuration works, including the ApplicationHost.config file for server settings and Web.config for application specific settings.
The custom module we wrote translates the language from French to English by use of a simple dictionary with some phrases defined. I've posted the code to the download section for registered users.
Some links we talked about during the webcast that might be helpful in getting the most out of this tool include:
- iis.net - Introduction to IIS 7 Architecture
- iis.net - IIS7 Configuration Reference
- MSDN - Hosting in Windows Process Activation Service
- iis.net - Your Web Platform Security
- iis.net - Configuring the IIS7 Runtime
- Mike Volodarsky Blog - Developing IIS7 web server features with the .NET framework
Next week we'll have special guest Raymond Mitchell on to show us how to take advantage of the SharePoint Data Driven Web Part to build some very cool data integration with SharePoint Designer.