I was trading emails with a colleague (Cris Deeter) on resources for getting started in SharePoint development. He had a great list that is worth sharing. Here’s his list:
1. Get started developing with SharePoint:
2. Check out Mike’s webcast series for SharePoint Developers
a. SharePoint for Developers: http://www.benkotips.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1158
3. I’m sure that creating solutions for deployment have gotten more automated than the last time I had to mess with the manifest and .wsp., but here is the MSDN info on Solutions and Web Part Packages.
4. SharePoint Development Guidance from Patterns and Practices
5. SharePoint Customization Best Practices:
6. Technical Articles on dev.