Earlier this week we’ve published a major release of Windows Phone. It’s an important update that offers hundreds of new features to the phone, marketplace and for developers that target the platform. Here is the official blog post on the WindowsPhone Team Blog. We target to update 98% of phone customers worldwide within the next four weeks.
What’s hot for Belgian developers?
First, we’ve simplified payout and taxes administration by eliminating the need to provide an ITIN on your W-8 to take advantage of a reduced withholding rate. A blog post will follow with the new simplified procedure and we will organize a webcast for your Q&A in November. Stay tuned on Twitter via #wp7be or #wp7dev or follow David Hernie who’s our Phone Champ.
Second, Microsoft Advertising for Windows Phone is now available in Belgium. It means MORE Windows Phone developers can make MORE money from in-app advertising and get paid locally.
Want to know how to do it? Follow our Windows Phone technical trainings: no marketing blala, but 2 days to learn how to develop, publish and promote your Windows Phone apps. We will lend you phones to test your development, help you to promote your app, understand the concept of the Live Tiles, cloud integration or how to use the Advertising SDK and get more revenue. And by the way, it’s free!
– Oct 25-26 in French at the MIC Mons
– Nov 9-10 in English at the MIC Brussels
Here’s an overview of all Windows Phone technical trainings organized in Belgium.
Things to do as a Windows Phone developer
- Upgrade your phone to Windows Phone 7.5 (if not pushed yet automatically)
- Download the latest version of the developer tools and code samples
- Participate in our local online/offline events to be ready. For example the MSDN Live Meeting on Oct 11 on how to integrate Bing Maps into your app.
- Develop & publish or republish your great apps, we will help you to promote it through the Marketplace and our brand new website ‘The Belgium Windows Phone Page‘ (NL) or (FR).
Last point: Save the date: 3 November 2011
The UX tour will be landing in Belgium: all you want to know about Design, HTML5, Web & Phone with international speakers and latest technology trends. Stay tuned, more info will be available soon.