A new update for Business Contact Manager for Outlook will be released in the coming weeks. With Microsoft Office 2013 being released for commercial users recently and being made available to consumers soon, we are releasing a compatibility pack for Business Contact Manager so that the two can work hand in hand.
Business Contact Manager for Outlook is optimized for Microsoft Outlook 2013, but will also work with Microsoft Outlook 2010. All of the languages supported by Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 will continue to be supported in the Compatibility Update.
If you purchased a previous version of a Microsoft Office suite or a standalone edition of Microsoft Office Outlook that included Business Contact Manager, you will be able to download Business Contact Manager for Outlook at no additional cost. You will also be able to download Business Contact Manager for Outlook if you purchased one of the following products.
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 or Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 (stand-alone edition) or Microsoft Outlook 2013 (stand-alone edition)
A few important notes on the Compatibility Pack:
- If you already have a database in Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 your database will be copied and upgraded to work with Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2013, but the two databases will not be synchronized. Your 2010 database will be left in place and you can continue to use it with Outlook 2010.
- You will not be able to share databases between versions. If you are working in Outlook 2013, anyone else you’re sharing databases with will also need to have Outlook 2013 and the Compatibility Pack.
- If you try the new Business Contact Manager for Outlook and want to revert to using your earlier version, you may do so. The new Business Contact Manager Database tool for Outlook 2013 will be released shortly after the release of the compatibility pack. It can be used to create and manage databases which are compatible with Business Contact Manager in Outlook 2013.
Once the update is available, we will post an announcement to this blog, including download instructions and feature details.
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Team