Get Business Contact Manager with Outlook Standalone

Since we released Business Contact Manager in January 2007, we have constantly received requests from our customers to make BCM available with Outlook standalone. We are pleased to announce that now you can buy Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager. The product is available in major retailers and online stores. The new product offers all the great features that are offered by BCM in Office suite.

Outlook with BCM Box

More information about Outlook with BCM  is available here. You can buy it from Microsoft Online  for $149.95.

BCM is now available in the following retail SKUs.

1. Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager (New) (Includes Outlook 2007 and Business Contact Manager)

2. Microsoft Office Professional 2007

3. Microsoft Office Small Business 2007

4. Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007

1. v_2rath@hotmail.com says:

Hi All

It appears that the link to find out more information about BCM is in-correct

Regards

Rahul Thomas

2. DocMan says:

We have developed an integration between BCM and SaherPoint that enables users to scan, save, and retrieve documents directly from BCM. It saves the documents to a SharePoint site that is automatically created when you add a new account to BCM.

It also pulls in all the linked emails.  It has really been great for our sales people.

3. I was hunting for an answer to a questions someone asked me and I came across this the BCM Team Blog

4. bcmteam says:

Hi Rahul,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I corrected the link.

-Sateesh

5. EdwardL says:

I am aware tnat for  Contacts, OL allows the automatically recording of a phone call into the using the journal feature .  When the call is made by (in one step) using the contact’s phone no. thru OL when a computer is connected to a phone. That’s great, but it works for Contacts not Business Contacts in BCM

My first question is , who do you do this one step journal entry in Bsiness Contactsin BCM.?

My second question is, is the a way to record the call automatically when using the Call feature in the Communications sections of the Business Contact?

I am aware that it can be done by going to the Communication Group, click call, then opening up a New History Item in the Communications Group , then clicking phone log..This is too many steps and is not as stream line as in Contacts

My third question, is what if the functionality and reporting ability of having the Journal option " Create New Journal Entry " , when dialing a call from a Business Contact.It seems that there is no purpose to check the box for   " Create New Journal Entry "  in BCM

thanks

6. bcmteam says:

Hi EdwardL,

Unfortunately BCM does not support automatic creation of Phone Logs and Journals cannot be linked to BCM Contacts.

Thanks,

• Burcu
  7. kazhop says:

Can I buy BCM separately as I already have Outlook 2007?

8. John C says:

Has anyone answered Kazhop's question? I have 2007 too…and no BCM

9. Ian S says:

Has anyone answered Kazhop's question? I have 2007 too…and no BCM

10. Jerry says:

Hi Ian, John, and Kazhop,

BCM is not sold separate from Office or Outlook.  You can only get it if you buy the Standalone Outlook 2007 with bcm, or one of the office suites which include it.

–Jerry [MSFT]

11. Bill says:

Computer crashed using Windows XP and lost "history" from auto-merge of e-mails.  Have recovered all e-mails and re-loaded BCM on new computer with Windows 7.  Tried to auto-merge but limited to only about 365 days history now.  Any ideas how to get older e-mails to link?

12. Linda says:

I am trying to install MS Outlook 2007 with BCM and I'm getting an error saying that it cannot install MS SQL Server 2005 Express. Do I need to uninstall my MS Outlook from my computer and reinstall this software?

13. Rob says:

Hi. I have BCM 2007 installed on my PC, some of the functionality appears to be missing, Where can  I get a new dowmload?

14. Mark says:

I am trying to install office outlook 2007 with BCM on my Surface, getting an error message having compatibility issues. Any suggestions?