Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 SP1 is Live

We are pleased to announce that Service Pack 1 for BCM is live. This update significantly improves the stability, adds support for ACT! 8 and ACT! 9 migration and fixes several issues reported by our customers. Here is a high-level list of what is included in this service pack:

• Several fixes to crashes and hangs that were reported by customers like you through crash reporting dialog.

• Data migration support for newer versions of ACT! (ACT! 8.0 and ACT! 9.0). (Requested here on this blog by you)

• Fixes for several database issues and improved error handling/troubleshooting for key reported database issues.

• Custom field support in Mail Merge marketing campaign. (Requested here on this blog by you)

• Fix to an issue when sending marketing campagin to a large number of recipients.

• Fixes for follow-up flag related issues.

• Fixes for Miscellenous bugs reported by our customers through various feedback channels such as this blog, newsgroup, support etc.

• Ability to change the database polling interval that might give some performance benefits in shared database scenario. (More on this in the next blog post)

We recommend that you get BCM SP1 through Microsoft or Office update site. Alternatively, you can directly download the update from here. The service pack is available for all langagues in which BCM is available.

Thanks for your feedback. We hope that this update will improve your experience with BCM. As always, please keep the feedback coming in. That’s what help us improve the quality of our product.

-Mukesh

1. Gian says:

Mukesh —

Am I not able to search my BCM opportunities folder by anything other than "opportunity title" and "details"?  I have created user-defined fields and product fields for my opportunities and I need to search those fields.  Please let me know how it can be done.  Also, I cannot run a report of opportunities by those fields, only by product and service item.  How can I get BCM to do what I need?

Thanks very much!

2. Blue Ridge says:

I am EXTREMELY disappointed. The major reason that BCM is much less useful than I had hoped is the inability to easily change what information is displayed in the BCM – Home view. I.e., to be able to expand a field, drag the fields into different orders, not show a particular field, and other fields you want shown. If you can’t do that, it’s pretty useless to give you a quick overview of what’s important in your planning. I was told repeatedly by technical support that this was a known issue, and would be FIXED in SP1. IT IS NOT!! Same as before. I can make the changes I want, but when I navigate away from the Home view, to say contacts or email, and then return to Home view, all the changes are gone. When are you going to fix this as promised. It is what I upgraded to Office 2007 for.

3. mbenner says:

Does anyone know how to link BCM to an Access table AND include the company name with each contact?  I’ve attempted to link a table several times and have been successful however; it does not invclude their company, only phone numbers, email, name, etc.  Anyone?

4. msblogger says:

I am trying to import an Act! 2006 (v8) database into BCM 2007 with SP1.

We are running Vista in our office and the import manager says "The version of ACT! that matches the file you are trying to import must be installed. Please install the correct version of ACT!, and try again."

Since ACT! 2006 does not run on Vista according to Sage website, how do I move the data? That is without needing to buy another license of Office 2007 and install it in the old machine (XP) where Act is currently running.

Thank you.

5. cfbennett says:

Love the SP1!  Especially the fix for user defined fields so that I may now merge these into my docs.

The match fields utitity is puzzling.  Where may I find the fields for "Spouse/Partner First Name", etc.?

I don’t see fields for the spouse/partner values anywhere in the standard database or address fields.  How do I access them?

Thanks.

6. Jantar2B says:

What is surprising in SP1 it is that e-mail attached to the Business Contact by one user is visible only as a kind of activity by another. It means that another user cannot see attachements! Also cannot use this e-mail as if it was a kind of template to be sent by another co-worker.

How to change this setting? It looks to be only the ‘viewer’ access rights I guess…

7. Jerry Blake says:

Jantar2B, this is by design behavior for BCM. Please read the following post that explains Email Auto Linking

8. J Godbold says:

Has anyone managed to rectify the proplem of importing an ACT 6.0.3.979 file? There are a number of users reporting the same error message – "Some errors occured while your data was being imported. Wrong file version". Is there a foolproof fix. or is one being worked on, or am i going to have to update Act! 6 to Act! 10, and wait for that to be supported by BCM?

Many thanks

James

9. J Godbold says:

Many thanks

James

10. msblogger says:

I am trying to import an Act! 2006 (v8) database into BCM 2007 with SP1.

Thank you.

11. Samvnw51 says:

I am unable to instll SP1 into Vista Ultimate PC. It does it’s thing for a while and then I get a popup dialog box that says: "Error 1913. could not update INI file C:Windowssysem32Mapisvc.inf…. Verify that the file exists and you can access it."

The file does exist, and I can see it. At the beginning of the install process I give Vista the green light to do the install when the security control dialog box pops up. Has anyone else run into this and found a solution?

12. turk54 says:

Started actually using BCM 2007 SP1 heavily just a couple of days ago in a remote database environment.  We quickly have run into a problem when we create a new opportunity and then try to link the new opportunity to a customer record.  We get an error message from the Microsoft .NET Framework "Unhandled exception has occurred in a compnent of your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  Attempted to read or write protected memory.  This is often an indication that the other memory is corrupt."  We try to hit continue several times (somtimes as many as 50-60 times) before it attempts to continue.  But then Outlook is stuck, and the only recourse is to go into the Task Manager and end the Outlook process and restart.  Do you know why this is occurring?  This does not occur if you select the customer and add a new history opportunity record.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13. jefffli says:

How does this service pack impact the database tool?  Should the service pack be installed on the SQL server as well?

14. Jerry Blake says:

Hi JGodbold,

Can you please send the problem in an e-mail to BCMISVX___at___microsoft.com

Please note that there are no underscores in the above e-mail address.

I will respond to you with further instructions.

15. Jerry Blake says:

Hi turk54,

Found a similar link online.  http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX114675

Try creating a new Outlook profile without underscore and test it again.

16. Jerry Blake says:

Hi Jeffli,

There is no impact to the database tool.

17. LonOrenstein says:

Say guys:

Could you please tell us how to change the database polling interval that came out in SP1?  We’re hoping this will help performance of BCM across LAN’s.

Thanks,

Lon

18. msblogger says:

I am trying to import an Act! 2006 (v8) database into BCM 2007 with SP1.

I see answers from bcmteam to other posts, but do not mention anything related to ACT!.

Thanks in advance.

19. turk54 says:

Sateesh,

I do not have an underscore (_) in the profile name.  This seems to have started with the upgrade of SQL Server SP2 and its related stuff, but I’m not sure.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also, this error occurs with linking of anything, even trying to link an email.

20. sdandekar says:

Please advise on how to change the database polling option.  I have set my online sychronize option to 30 mins, but it appears that BCM polling continuously.  We have a shared database on a Windows 2003 server running SQL server 2005 w/service pack 2.  Thanks.

21. turk54 says:

I am getting an error from Microsoft .NET Framework everytime I link an opportunity to a customer or an email to customer, etc.  The common thread is

linking.  The error is:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application.  If you click Continue, the application with ignore the error and attempt ot

continue.

Attempted to read or write protected memory.  This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

This seems to have recently started with auto updates of either SQL SP2 update or .Net update of some sort.  Has anyone else seen this problem and found a resolution?  Also, I see that I have .NET framework for 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 installed on my computer.  Does BCM 2007 use a specific framework, or just the most recent one?   Can I restore .Net framework to see if this gets resolved?  This is having a serious impact on our ability to use BCM.  Any help would be greatly appreicated.

22. Jerry Blake says:

Hi msblogger,

This issue is under investigation as it is a special case.  I will let you know once we have more information.

23. Jerry Blake says:

Hi sdandekar,

Please see if the above polling link is useful.

24. Jerry Blake says:

Hi turk 54,

Can you try uninstalling BCM and all versions of .NET framework and install BCM again, and see if it works?

25. turk54 says:

I wanted to try to do that, but some previous posts had pointed out some issues with uninstalling BCM and reinstalling it.  I will attempt this tomorrow and let you know the results.  Thanks for your assistance.

26. chuckarnold says:

I have win vista version and have not seen the BCM SP1 option during my win update sessions.  I currently have 3.00.6402

When I try to install directly from the file download site, I get this error after extraction "The update cannot be applied"

any ideas how to get the update applied properly?

27. Jerry Blake says:

Hi chuckarnold,

3.00.6402 is the QFE which was released after BCM V3 RTM.  Did you use this link to install SP1?

If you used the above link, and still get the same error, then, can you please back up your data, uninstall BCM and install BCM from the CD and use the above link to get SP1?

28. Jerry Blake says:

Hi msblogger,

Can you try this.  On the Vista machine, copy the ImportUtility folder from C:Program FilesMicrosoft Small BusinessBusiness Contact Manager

and paste it into a machine where ACT is installed.

Run BcmImportUtility.exe on the ACT machine, and convert ACT data into a bcm file.  Bring this bcm file into the Vista machine and see if it converts all your ACT data.

This is a special case.  So, just try and see if it works, and let me know.

If the above does not work, then install BCM 2007 trial version on the ACT machine, convert the ACT data into bcm, bring it onto the Vista machine.

29. chuckarnold says:

Does BCM SP1 address the VPN offline sync issue?  I have windows Ultimate on the client machine and the database on my SBS 2003.  syncs fine over the LAN network, when I try to sync over VPN (SBS connectoid or the Win clien VPN) it will not sync properly and I have to drop the offline database, and it will connect properly to the database then.

30. msblogger says:

Thank you Sateesh for your help.

I followed your procedure, and worked almost perfect.

The only problem was that during the wizard, after the "convert data" dialog, when it comes the "User-Defined Fields" dialog, it shows me a list with "new User-Defined Fields."

When you click on any of those "new" [UDFs], a dialog box shows up with the title "Too many user-defined fields". and then the text: "Outlook with [BCM] allows at most 0 user defined fields for each…  …Please reduce the number of user defined-fields to 0 or less".

It’s worth mentioning that I tried with different db’s including some without any user defined field and the error was the same.

Do you believe that installing the complete application (BCM 2007 trial version) on the ACT machine may fix this?  I am asking since the "at most [ZERO] user defined fields" message looks weird to me.

What do you think?

Thanks!!

31. Jerry Blake says:

Hi msblogger,

Can you please try the trial version and let me know.

32. KMR says:

I am going through the process to import ACT 2007 v9 and it keeps bombing during the first step – converting the data.  This is the error message I receive: Type,Message,RowKey

Contact, System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type ‘System.OutOfMemoryException’ was thrown.

Any suggestions?

-Karen

33. Anonymous says:

I was hunting for an answer to a questions someone asked me and I came across this the BCM Team Blog

34. Samvnw51 says:

If you have trouble installing SP1 on a Vista PC because it cannot update the MAPISVC.ini file, Here’s a solution that worked for me.

Log onto the machine with an Admin account.

Please locate this file. (c:windowssystem32mapisvc.inf)

Right click the file, choose properties.

Click on the security tab.

Click advanced

Click on the Owner tab

If using Vista click edit (if not using vista I think you can change that

owner on this screen)

Choose your account name and click ok

click ok all the way out…

Then right click the file again and choose properties.

click the security tab.

Give Everyone Full permissions.

click ok all the way out.

35. aemel says:

I downloaded and tried to install Service Pack 1 for Office 2007.  I was able to save it but when I tried to run it I received the message, "The publisher could not be verified.  Are you sure you want to run this software?"  When I click "Run", I get the message "…is not a valid Win32 application".

Any suggestions?

36. Jerry Blake says:

Hi aemel,

Please go to live.com and type in "is not a valid Win32 application".

There are many links that can help you.

37. Jerry Blake says:

Hi Karen,

Here is a workaround:

1. Back up your ACT database
    2. Delete the record from the ACT database at which the import is failing.  Try importing it

If doing step 2 does not help, try deleting the corrupt records the Migration Utlity mentions.  If you had to do that with a lot of records, and not satisfied, then please send us an e-mail with the problem to BCMISVX___at___microsoft.com, and I will respond it to asap with further instructions.

Please note that there are no underscores in the above e-mail address.

Please dont forget to backup the ACT database before you do the above steps.

Also, could you please try importing the demo database which comes with ACT 9?  If that imports fine and you cannot import your database, then most likely some records are corrupt.

38. kdock says:

I LOVE the idea of the Business Contact Manager!  Especially being able to aggregate all communications with anyone at a given account.  But I’ve installed it on my computer (XP SP2, 1G memory), with no network available, and the slowness is killing me.  It’s affected everything I do, not just Outlook.

Is there any place to find information on how to tweak BCM to make it run faster?

39. kajas says:

Is there anywhere posible to find a fileformat of the BCM files.

I would like to import salesopportunities in BCM but it isn’t possible for me to find any information about the format !?

40. Jerry Blake says:

Hi Kajas,

Create some opportunities in BCM.  Export them as .bcm file and open the bcm file in notepad.  You will see the XML format.  Is that what you are looking for?

41. Fatih YILDIZ says:

In sharing environment, you can make BCM faster by changing the polling interval.

However your case is single user. Slowness is highly depend on your Database Size. BCM does not have any data limit other than SQL Express 4GB database limit.

There are basically two known situation which cause performance problems in BCM;

1. Importing a large file. Basically this operation will cause increase in the memory comsuption of SQL Server, we highly recommed restart the machine or SQL Services after importing a file. This would be fixed in the next version.
    2. If you restore a back up file, or migrate a database with considerable amount of data in it, Windows Desktop Search will start to index them to improve your search experience and this will cause slowness until WDS finish indexing.

-Fatih

42. CarlosPereira says:

Hi There.

We are a company with a server unit running Small Business Server and with 4 client pc’s running Windows Vista and Outlook 2007 with Business COntact Manager, one in english language and three in portuguese.

Using the BCM Database Tool i’ve created a BCM database in the server and did shared it to all users.

What happens is that only the pc with Vista and Office in English can see the database.

Can you appoint me the reason and a solution for this problem?

Carlos Pereria

43. Jerry Blake says:

Hi Carlos Pereira

BCM doesnt support sharing different language databases. For more information please refer Sharing FAQs

Thanks

Vinit[MSFT]

44. jasonhendrey says:

Guys

Please can you help….I am a recent convert to BCM having ditched the ridiculously expensive Salesforce we were using for 2 users. I have managed to customise most of the views I want to, but am completely at a loss to amend the opportunity screen. We sell services and the products tab doesn’t really allow me to create the opportunities and then assign a close date which in turn will populate the revenue field based on a year-end date. I have read through many of the blogs but haven’t yet found anything to help….I hope you can…..

Thanks…..Jason

45. Jerry Blake says:

Hi Prometheus

Sorry to hear you facing problems with BCM 2007. Could you provide me with some more information when you see the crash. Could you also start BCM log by going to Help–>About Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manger. On the dialog look towards the left corner and check "Enable logging for Business Contact Manager". After the crash go to your temp folder (by typing %temp% in the run command prompt) and look for BCMLog_V3.txt file.

Is it possible to send the bcm file to BCMISVX__AT__microsoft.com ?

Please note that there are no underscores above

Thanks

Vinit[MSFT]

46. philj says:

Hi, sad to see I am not teh only one having problems converting from ACT!9 to BCM.

I am trying to import two separate ACT 2007(9) databases into BCM 2007.  I have SP1.  Am following Lon Orenstein’s book and paper where I can.  I am

hitting three problems:

First database contact 1634 entries:

a) When I ask BCM to add additional fields the conversion stops with an error part way through

b) If I remove the request to use additional fields BCM stops processing the database after 1272 entries.  I can convert these but it is obviously not

them all.  I can see the names in the "Phone list" and can see the accounts in the Account list.  But if I click on any entry (accoubnt or contact)

OUTLOOK (BCM) immediately crashes.

c) If I import a different database (1082 entries) I can see them in BCM (but only 1060 of them) .  Again when I click on any contact or account

OUTLOOK crashes.

Really frustrating

I have run the ACT database utilities to clean up the database both from within act and sepatarely

Just as a test I tried converting the standard ACTdemo9 database that comes with Act 2007(9).  I had made no changes to it and simply ran the data converter.  Same again.  Outlook BCM shows all the contacts but as soon as I click on one it crashes.  same with accounts.

So it can’t simply be that there is something wrong with my databases, can it.

Anyone any ideas?

Phil

47. Jerry Blake says:

Phil,

We need more information to analyze this problem. Can you please enable logging for BCM and send the log file to  BCMISVX__at__microsoft.com . Please note that there are no underscores in the above e-mail address .  Please follow the following steps to enable logging for BCM.

1. Go to the help menu
    2. Choose About Business Contact Manager for Outlook

3. Another window opens up and in the bottom of that, there will be a checkbox to enable logging for BCM, Please check that.

4. Redo the conversion

5. You can find the log file at C:Users”your user name”AppDataLocalTempBCMLog_V3.log

We will also recommend you to create a new database in BCM and try converting ACT!9 database to BCM and see whether you run into the same issue again. Please let us know when you send the log file.

48. chakr says:

Hi,

This is not SP1 specific but I couldn’t find anything closer.

Here is the problem: I try to "Launch" a Marketing Campaign and it comes back with "Business contact manager for outlook could not complete your last action. Please try again." I tried again, exited out of the app and came back, rebooted the laptop and nothing has changed. I enabled logging in BCM and see below for what I have for error log.

The campaign is only for 10 contacts and has a mail merge. This was working before. What went wrong and how can I fix it?

error log********

[V] [16:19:21.2481805]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetIDsFromNames:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.2491570]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetIDsFromNames:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00000000

[V] [16:19:21.2491570]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.2491570]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00040380

[V] [16:19:21.4688695]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.4688695]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00000000

[V] [16:19:21.4698460]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::SetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.4698460]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::SetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00000000

[V] [16:19:21.5303890]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.5303890]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00040380

[V] [16:19:21.5313655]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.5313655]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00040380

[V] [16:19:21.5430835]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.5440600]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00040380

[V] [16:19:21.5694490]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.5694490]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00040380

[V] [16:19:21.5704255]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.5704255]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00040380

[V] [16:19:21.5850730]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.5850730]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00040380

[V] [16:19:21.5880025]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.5880025]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00040380

[V] [16:19:21.5909320]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:21.5909320]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00040380

[E] [16:19:21.5977675]BCMRes: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add.  Try inserting or pasting less data.

[E] [16:19:21.5977675]BCMRes:    at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.CampaignWrapper.ExportMailMergeRecipients(String RecipientListName, MailMergeApplicationEnum App)

at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.CampaignWrapper.MailMergeWithUI(MailMergeApplicationEnum app, MailMergeDestinationEnum dest, String RecipientListName)

at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.IrisCampaign.moLaunchMailMerge_Click()

[V] [16:19:23.2744180]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetIDsFromNames:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:23.2744180]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetIDsFromNames:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00000000

[V] [16:19:23.2783240]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMAPIProp::GetProps:Enter: 0x0d8e1098

[V] [16:19:23.2793005]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIProp::GetProps:Return: 0x0d8e1098, 0x00040380

[V] [16:19:26.6970505]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMSCapabilities::GetCapabilities:Enter: 0x02a4ca24

[V] [16:19:26.6980270]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: IMSCapabilities::GetCapabilities:Return: 0x02a4ca24, 0x00000000

CR

49. Phil F says:

I have Outlook 2007 with BCM SP1 with the local database integrated with Microsoft Office Accounting 2008 Professional.  Outlook is connected to SBS 2000 Exchange.  All programs and the database (except Exchange) are on a 1Ghz 1GB memory machine.  I can create history items such as a phone log, a business note and link documents and emails to an account or a business contact.  These created history items can only be viewed in the Communication History folder.  However, I cannot view the history items, documents or e-mails by clicking the History icon in the show section of the account tab fromm within the specific linked account or the show section of the business contact tab in the linked business contact.  Nothing happens when the History Icon is clicked!  This History Icon does not work.  The absence of this History feature drastically reduces the usefulness of BCM.

This behavior occurs when a new profile and a new database are used as well.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled BCM to no avail.  Can you help?

Phil F

50. Maxl says:

Hello,

I use Office 2007 with BCM 2007 in the Dutch language.

When I try to install SP1 I get the error message:

"The expected version of the product was not found on your system" Is this a problem with the language.

Can you help to find a solution.

51. halfcount says:

I am trying to modify a report and there is no column available for Company. This seems like it would be the most basic item needed to list. There is an account option, but we don’t keep anything in that field.

Is there a way to get the company name option to show up?

or

Is there a way to make the Account field mirror the Company field, then I could show the Account field in my reporting.

52. Jerry Blake says:

Hi

Currently Company Field cannot be added to the report. This is a known issue and we’ll be fixing this soon. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Vinit [MSFT]

53. halfcount says:

When can we expect a fix? Can I get on a list to be notified when this is available?

54. Gankutsuou says:

Hello,

We are trying to convert from ACT! 2007/9.0 to BCM 2007 and on the first step of the import it stops at record 3644 and gives the following error log file:

Type,Message,RowKey

Contact, The ACT! 2007/9.0 (.pad) software failed internally and has stopped working. You can check the ACT! 2007/9.0 (.pad) web site for updates that might solve the problem.

Contact, Loading of the ImageList did not succeed.

Or, in your application, try removing the record that failed and then try importing again.

We tried removing the records but still no success. Plz help us.

55. Mazro says:

Gents,

the least i can say is that BCM 2007 is a piece of art.

I’m an IT – BDM and the only pitfall is the following:

my sales year starts in july 2008 and ends in june 2009. Now if i have an opportunity with a close date on March 2009 then it wont show any where in the opportunity pipeline chart, obviously coz the BCM year ends 31st December 2008.

is there a way to change the BCM year end in a more flexible way?

56. gva1936 says:

Can BCM send email merge with attachments? If so, where can I find instructions to use this feature?

57. BCM 2010 says:

Has this issue been fixed yet ? Because it is now February 27, 2009 and I still have the same problem ????

58. ccgir says:

I love the softwares capabilities but there is one thing that i just cant figure out on how to do.

When generating an Activty Summry report on Business COntact MAnager, It will only show the activity title. Is there even a way to put the details also?  We need the report to have everything. It would be really nice if it had that option

59. aacinc@aol.com says:

Can anyone tell me if BCM has ever bheen successfully installed in a SQL 2008 environment?

60. aacinc@aol.com says:

Can anyone tell me if BCM has ever been successfully installed in a SQL 2008 environment?

Rich

61. aacinc@aol.com says:

Is there a way to limit the delete capability in BCM so that users are not allowed to delete contacts?

Is there a way to supress the <Edit this list> capability in the dropdowns?

Rich

62. bcmteam says:

Hi ccgir,

what exactly would you want to add to the activity report title? Can’t you Modify the report by clicking the Modify Button on the report?

Could you be more specific as to what you are looking for and then i can help you ?

Thanks

Vinit [MSFT]

63. bcmteam says:

Hi Rich,

When you delete anything in BCM it goes to the Deleted Items folder. Only an Admin to the database can hard delete any item.

BCM is not designed to have role based control to any BCM items.

Thanks

Vinit [MSFT]

64. bcmteam says:

Hi Rich,

Business Contact Manager was shipped with SQL Express 2005 and we create our own SQL instance. If you upgrade your SQL Express from 2005 to 2008, it should just work fine as the upgrade path is supported by SQL Server express 2008.

Hope this helps.

-Vinit [MSFT]

65. taskprobob says:

why can’t I Load BCM into my win 7 64 bit desktop but I can into my vista 32 laptop.  is there a fix

66. Ed Alcorn says:

I simply wish to delete all items in BCM in the “Deleted Items” folder.    I also cannot delete all items in BCM “Business Contacts”

BCM Deleted Items = 195301 records

Business Contacts = 12195

1. Backed up both BCM and Outlook to F: HDD external USB  Total 298GB   Free 198GB

2. C: Internal Drive total 220 GB  Free 77.7 GB

3. D: HP recovery Total 12.1 GB   Free 1.81 GB

In my case

MB = 3320

Full error message follows:

could not allocate space for object ‘dbo.changequeue’ in database

‘mssmallbusiness’ because the ‘primary’ filegroup is full. create disk

space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegoup, adding

additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing

files in the filegoup.

Error dependably appears when even a single record is selected in Business Contact Manager

then pressing delete.

> Rahul Thomas

> MSFT

> "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> news:96754BA7-0A66-4975-AC26-40D85D6B9EA5@microsoft.com…

> > I am trying to delete a record in BCM and I get an error message saying

> > that

> > my ‘Primary’ file is full and it suggests setting "autogrowth" to on.

> >

> > How do I do that? I can see the database file but I cannot see autogrowth

> > in

> > it’s properties. Many thanks, Bruce

On a related note:

When I select one record in the deleted items folder in BCM 2007 (195,301

records) and press delete the error message pops up:

some items cannot be deleted. They were either moved or already deleted, or

access was denied.

When I select the deleted items folder in BCM 2007 and then right click to

"Empty deleted items folder".

A small status window opens and informs me it will take 12 hours to clear

the records. Yet at the end of the time period the records remain with no

change.

> Rahul Thomas

> MSFT

> "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> news:96754BA7-0A66-4975-AC26-40D85D6B9EA5@microsoft.com…

> > I am trying to delete a record in BCM and I get an error message saying

> > that

> > my ‘Primary’ file is full and it suggests setting "autogrowth" to on.

> >

> > How do I do that? I can see the database file but I cannot see autogrowth

> > in

> > it’s properties. Many thanks, Bruce

67. Glenn Superadjudicator says:

5 July 2010 – Do you know that BCM is crashing again! Microsoft issued a lot of updates last week (Thursday?). BCM worked fine before. Now it freezes every time I try to access it. My business is built around BCM so I am stuck without it. Please will you sort it out and ensure it remains reliable and functional?

68. MrPayroll2010 says:

Has anyone found the solution  for the question Ed Alcorn posted?

Skip to main content