Where is Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007?

Welcome to Business Contact Manager Team blog. This is our first blog entry. We hope that you will find our future posting interesting and useful.

Over last couple of weeks I read pretty much all the posts on BCM newsgroup and one question came up repeatedly-Where is Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007? I hope to address questions related to getting and installing Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007.

Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 is not part of Office 2007 installation. It needs to be installed separately after valid Office 2007 SKU is installed. Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 is available in Microsoft Office 2007 Professional and Microsoft Office 2007 Small Business editions. When it releases to retailers later this month, Business Contact Manager will be available on Office CD2.

You can get a fully functional 60-day trial version of Office 2007 from trial download site http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx?culture=en-US. Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 is available as “Download 2” on the download page of Office 2007 Professional or Office 2007 Small Business Suite. You can download the file and run it after you have installed Office.

If you participated in Office Beta program and installed pre-RTM release of Business Contact Manager, you will need to upgrade it to RTM version whenever you update Office to RTM version. Beta version of Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 will not function with RTM version of Office.

Please feel free to send your comments if you have questions on getting Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007. We have greatly improved this version from our previous version with several new and exciting features. You can get more information about new version from our product information page at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/contactmanager/FX101674171033.aspx

-Mukesh

1. csfy says:

I downloaded Office Professional 2007 trial, both downloads.  I have gone a lot of directions trying to get BCM back.  I was using it with Office 2003 and SBA 2006.  I just finished running X13-40150.exe to uninstall Microsoft Office Pro 2007 CD 2.  The result was that BCM was unable to be removed.  Then I did an install.  The BCM item was grayed out.  MOA has been installed again. When I look at disabled items under Help I find irisms32.dll.  I enable it; restart Outlook;  When I check disabled items, irisms32.dll is there again-disabled.  Any suggestions?

2. mycounsel says:

I just downloaded both discs from this site: http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx?culture=en-US as you instructed.  Outlook did not download.  I checked and the second disc is X13-40150.exe where you said the recent fix had been made (another blog.  Can you help? I am starting a brand new business in 30 days and want to try this software to see if it fits.

Rodney

3. Buckeye says:

Mukesh,

Hello there,  I saw several of your answers and thought I would shoot a question to you.  I have been trying to get Office 2007 installed and every time I try to run the program X13-40150.exe it comes back with an error saying that it cannot run because it is not a Windows 32 program.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help or direction,

John

4. csfy says:

I continue to have Business Contact Manager greyed out when I install Download2, I have uninstalled all of Office 2007 and restarted my computer, then tried the install again.  Same result.  I am a Microsoft Partner trying to switch two customers from QuickBooks and sell Office 2007 with MOA to customers.

5. csfy says:

I just tried downloading Download2 for the Office 2007 SBE. I got 1 option to remove Office CD2.  The other two, Change or Repair were greyed out.  I am frustrated beyond words.

6. itaxcpa says:

I have tried everything (multiple complete uninstalls and reinstalls) to get BCM Trial installed on my XP Pro system – the install aborts and gives the message reflected above (I am paraphrasing the message). Other components of Office 2007 Trial installed and work very well. The BCM install log does not show any obvious "errors." SQL Express installed fine. There have been others in the BCM newsgroup with this (seemingly) same problem but there hasn’t been posted a satisfactory resolution. I had been a heavy user of Outlook 2003 BCM and am very anxious to get 2007 going. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

7. csfy says:

I have posted here and at Microsoft Discussion Groups and gotten no response.  Any suggestions of where to get help?  Am I looking in the wrong place?  I am a registered partner with small business clients.  It is hard to sell a broken product.

8. Alex H says:

Hi  I am trying to install Outlook 2007 onto a laptop with Office 2007 Enterprise already installed.  laptop is runing XP Pro Fully patched.

I get as far as SQL Express and then the Install bombs out saying that the SQL cannot start.

I have found a KB article – 920114 but this refers to a folder ‘protect’ –

which i dont have within the installation.

Can anyone help please – thanks

9. Jerry Blake says:

Here are answers to few of the questions.

1. CSFY: If Business Contact Manager is greyed out, most likely you don’t have Outlook 2007 installed on machine. If you upgraded from Office 2003, it is possible that you chose to not upgrade Outlook.

2. Mycounsel: Outlook is part of first download. Once you have Office installed completely,  X13-40150.exe will install Business Contact Manager for Outlook.

10. itaxcpa says:

Same "setup failed" result attempting to install Office Enterprise 2007.

11. csfy says:

I removed all Office 2003 programs from my computer.  I have received my action pack and installed Office Enterprise 2007.  Still no BCM. I open Outlook>Help>disabled items and there is irisms32.dll.  I highlight it, click enable and restart Outlook. No BCM. I open Outlook>Help>disabled items and there is irisms32.dll again. I highlight it, click enable.  Then I go to Tools>Trust Center>Add-ins. Business Contact Manager for Outlook is under Inactive Application Add-ins.  I go to Manage COM add-ins.  Business Contact Manager for Outlook is not checked, I highlight it (At the bottom the location is c:Windowssystem32IrisMS32.dll; Load Behavior:  Unloaded)then check it and click OK.  Restart Outlook.  No BCM. In the Trust Center it is now under Disabled Application Add-ins; and I open Outlook>Help>disabled items and there is irisms32.dll again.  I am caught in a nightmare.

12. csfy says:

I have also tried to a BCM file in data file management, the only type file I have the option to add is a .pst.

13. Jerry Blake says:

CSFY: IrisMS32.dll is for Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. Since this add-in is not supported in Office 2007, Outlook disables it. This is expected behavior. Please confirm if you were succesful in installing Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007. Since you have IrisMS32.dll, I am thinking you still have Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003.

14. csfy says:

I have now uninstalled Office Enterprise 2007 -every Microsoft Office sounding item I found in Add/Remove Programs including MOA Pro 2007.  Then I restarted my computer cleared my TEMP file and Temp Internet files.  Re-installed Office Enterprise 2007-No BCM, tried to install from a separate DVD, failed. Re-installed MOA Pro 2007.  How can I be rid of IrisMS32.dll?  There was no indication it was BCM 2003.  Where is BCM 2007?  Should I delete irisMS32.dll from c:Windowssystem32?

15. Bself says:

Hope someone finds out why we can not get BCM is very frustrating .. knowing that it is some small issue we can not figure out.

I did have a tech working on it then last email was that he was no longer supporting trial software..advised wasn’t trial but never heard back from.

16. csfy says:

Well, I spent the day following the instructions in KB 928218.  But after 4 hours I am in the same place- NO BCM, I cannot understand why I can’t get a helpful response.  After I re-installed Office Enterprise 2007, I took the extra CD with BCM and once again setup ended saying BCM had not been installed and that I should check MBSsetuptmp173.log.  But there is no such log.  MBSsetuptmp170.log reports "Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies — Installation operation completed successfully."  MBSsetuptmp171.log reports "Microsoft Office Small Business Connectivity Components — Installation operation completed successfully."  MBSsetuptmp172.log reports "Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components — Installation operation completed successfully."  But there is no MBSsetuptmp172.log  There are files dated soon after named ~DF5A7E.tmp, ~DF5A74.tmp, ~DF7BE9.tmp, ~DF7C65.tmp,but they won’t open because they are in use.  Please help me.

17. Bself says:

I spent several hours Friday night on the phone with tech support and they are to call again Monday to continue. Tech is leaning to something in SQL which is major component of BCM.

When  (IF) I am able to load disk 2 I will post.

18. csfy says:

I now have BCM installed, but I changed 2 things so I am not sure which corrected the problem.  First, I exported then deleted this registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftBusiness Solutions eCRM. Second, I installed .NET Framework 3.0.  I suspect the solution is the first one, but just in case I thought I should list the second one also.

19. Bself says:

THANK YOU!!!

It was the first —deleting registry key. I was scared to mess with registry and tried the 3.0 by it’s self and that did not work. Removed registry key and all worked found my contacts from BCM 2003 and life is normal again….thanks again

20. wilddoktor says:

Ahhh…what a joy it is to switch back an forth between contacts and inbox, and NOT have that evil MESSAGEBOX pop up any more!!

It was the reg hack that did the trick.

I lift a Dr. Pepper in your direction as a toast.  Thank you!!!

21. James007 says:

I have got Office Enterprise 2007 under Home Use Program, which has not included Business Contact Manager. My question is if I want to install BCM in my notebook, where can I purchase the BCM as a separate Software? Meanwhile, please advise the BCM in Download 2 under 60 days trial version of Office 2007 Small Business whether it is also a 60 days trail verson? or a version can be install forever if you have alrady got legal Outlook 2007 installed? Thanks

22. Jerry Blake says:

If you got valid Enterprise license, you can install BCM from trial site and use it forever.

23. egbauman says:

Hi all.  I have a test machine setup with Office Standard 2007.  I’ve tried to install BCM 2007 (from an Action Pack) on top of this.  install goes just fine but I’m never asked for the BCM activation code as part of the install (strange!).  When I start Outlook 2007, I get a few dialog boxes asking whether I want to register with MX online (which I do).

Then I get another wizard which asks about creating a local database which I also do.  After the wizard finished, I try to add a contact and get the following message:

"You don’t have permission to create an entry in this folder".  Right click the folder then click on Properties to check your permissions for the folder"

Only thing is there are no permissions options in the properties of the Business Contacts.  I’m logged on as an administrator so should have write permissions everywhere.

Next step: try to create a new local database.  I get this message:

"Database creation was unsuccessful because you do not have a valid Microsoft Office 2007 license to use BCM for Ouotlook 2007".

What gives here?  Is it not possible to use BCM with Office Standard 2007?

Thanks.

24. DonW says:

After using BCM 2003 extensively for several years, I was very disappointed to see BCM was not in the Enterprise edition.

I recently had a copy of Office 2007 Enterprise installed, and downloaded the Small Business Trial to get a copy of BCM.  After 7 hours and trying a variety of different configurations, it always ends with the same error message, "Business Contact Manager failed to initialize the Common Language Runtime.  The system cannot find the file specified."

Some of the things I’ve tried are:

*Enterprise Outlook + Small Biz BCM

*Uninstall complete Enterprise and install only the Small Biz trial

*Uninstall .Net Framework 2.0

*Delete KEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftBusiness Solutions eCRM

They all end with the same error message.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

25. Pathfinder says:

We have several machines on which Outlook 2007 was pre-installed.  We assumed that BCM would be an add-on to be added to this installation.  Is there a way to do this – as it had been done in the past, or will we have to re-buy Outlook 2007 w/BCM, which will not be a good thing at all as you might imagine.

26. timmcgee3 says:

I use a desktop and a laptop. How can I keep BCM in sync between the two devices?

Is there anyway to do this besides backup and restoring the DB??

27. AGC says:

I purchased Outlook 2007 with BCM and installed it. Outlook fine, but BCM wizard not starting up and no pop-ups when I open Outlook.

I can see the BCM files in Explorer, but nothing wants to work. Have reinstalled etc but still no joy.

I get a message saying access to BCMHooks.dll is denied.

Any suggestions?

28. Jerry Blake says:

Hi

So you were successfully able to install Outlook 2007 and when you try to install BCM you get BCMHooks.dll error? If this is on Vista try you try running the Setup.exe as administrator ( right click and select run as administrator)?

Thanks

Vinit [MSFT]

29. GRAHAM K says:

My BCM 2003 no longer works with Outlook 2003 (running on XP) due to a rogue itunes add-in however I do have a .msbcm backup of over 300 business contacts on my flash drive. Have just purchased a new computer running Vista home premium with SBE2007 + BCM but cannot get it to restore the 2003 .msbcm backup as it says it was created in version 1 (1.0.2002.1) and that I need to migrate it to version 3 (3.0.5625.0)- Q How do I do that if I can’t open it and can’t get BCM 2003 to reinstall onto my old machine in order to save it in a different format or version?

Any help appreciated as this is my whole business database and I’m getting a bit desperate! – Thanks

30. Jerry Blake says:

Hi Graham k

Could you please answer the following

1)  Are you running BCM as an admin on the box?  You need to run as an admin.

2)  Does your .msbcm file have the ‘Read Only’ attribute set?  If so, can you uncheck and try again?

3)  What do you do when BCM says that the data needs to be migrated?  Do you hit ‘OK’ or ‘Cancel’?

4)  If you hit Ok above, what error do you get?

5)  If you are willing to share .msbcm file, we can look more into this.

Divya [MSFT]

31. pokrakam says:

Hello,

My BCM 2007 install just crashes. The setup fails straight away with a "Microsoft Office Small Business Setup Wizard has stopped working" crash in wizard.exe.

Background: After numerous problems with Outlook crashing about once a day even after SP1, I uninstalled Office 2007 completely and started afresh. Once Office was installed however I could no longer install BCM.

This is on Vista Business x64 running on a dual xeon machine with 8GB ram and plenty HD space.

Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks & regards.

32. pokrakam says:

Oops, correction: Vista Business x64 SP1!

33. Jerry Blake says:

Hi Pokrakam

Is BCM setup crashing right after you double click setup.exe? Could you please go to event log(type eventvwr on windows search), under windows logs check for the crash log and send me the bucket number?

Thanks

Vinit [MSFT]

34. pokrakam says:

Hello,

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. For some reason I thought I’d get an email when this is updated so didn’t spot it until now…

Anyhow, yes it’s pretty much straight away (2-3 seconds delay). I tried over network, direct from CD, even downloaded a new trial version. No joy.

There are no event log entries. The only thing I can see are the problem details in the crash dialog box:

Description:

Problem Signature 08: 48

Problem Signature 09: IOIBMURHYNRXKW0ZXKYRVFN0BOYYUFOW

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6

Locale ID: 2057

Thanks & regards

35. Jerry Blake says:

Do you have .net 2.0 installed?

-Vinit[MSFT]

36. pokrakam says:

No, .net 3.5.

I tried to install 2.0 x64 and it failed with "This is already installed as part of the Operating System"

Thanks

37. Jerry Blake says:

Hi

I’m quite sure the failure of wizard.exe is because of .net framework. could you try uninstalling 3.5 / or running a .net clean up tool and try installing BCM again?

Thanks

Vinit [MSFT]

38. pokrakam says:

Woohoo, that worked. Uninstalled .net 3.5 completely and installed a fresh download of 3.5 SP1.

First installation failed halfway through telling me to look at the log (couldn’t find any useful info). Tried again and it ran through and even found my old database 🙂

Thanks!

39. Jerry Blake says:

Hi

I’m glad it worked. let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Vinit [MSFT]

40. Craig says:

We have recently upgraded most of our computers to Windows 7 64-bit and I was unable to find the download location for Office 2007 SBE w/ BCM. All of the links I have found go to an Office 2010 page. Is Office 2007 SBE w/ BCM still available for download?

41. Joe says:

I purchased Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager some time ago for my XP system. I now have a Lenovo Windows 7 (64 bit) system and I am unable to load the software. Is there an update that I can download to assist me in using this very expensive CRM.

Please Help

42. Aimee K says:

I have a copy of Outlook 2013.   Can I buy an add-in of Business contact manager for what I already have?

Thanks.

43. Victoria says:

I have a new pc and had to download the hybrid edition of office professional 2007 using my existing product key. However,  there is no "download 2" anywhere and I cannot seem to find ANY download source for business contact manager 2007. I need this urgently!

44. David says:

I'm restoring programs to a program drive after a hard disk failure on my Windows XP machine. I restored Outlook 2007 Small Business and my Outlook data and now want to re-download BCM and restore its data, but can't find a download for the full version of BCM — Service Pack 1 (KB941652) is the earliest version I can locate, and it's an upgrade version, as I discovered when I downloaded and clicked on the exe file generated the message:  “the expected version of this product was not found on your system.”  How can I access a version of BCM that will install?

My thanks for your help —