6/18 Update: The roll out of this release is on pause as some issues were discovered. We'll update this thread once the refresh starts rolling out with the updated version numbers with the download links. Thanks for your patience.
We're excited to announce that 6.5 release of the Service Fabric runtime has started rolling out to the various Azure regions along with tooling and SDK updates. The updates for .NET SDK, Java SDK and Service Fabric runtimes will be available through Web Platform Installer, NuGet packages and Maven repositories in 7-10 days within all regions.
- This is the last release where we are releasing the Visual Studio tools for Service Fabric for VS 2015. Customers are advised to move to VS 2019.
What's new in Service Fabric 6.5?
- Service Fabric Explorer will now allow you to explore the applications that you have uploaded to image store.
- Patch Orchestration Application(POA) customers are recommended to move to released version 1.4.0 that has lot of self-diagnostic improvements.
- EventStore Service will be enabled by default for clusters from this release unless a customer has specifically opted out.
- Add replica level service fabric health events for Stateful Services
- Users will have better visibility into state of down seed nodes.
- Service Fabric Application Disaster Recovery tool allows users of Service Fabric stateful services to get back live soon in case the primary SF cluster encounters a disaster. The tool constantly synchronizes the data from the application running on the primary cluster on the standby application on secondary using periodic backup and restore.
- Support for .NET Core applications built from Visual Studio to be published to Linux Service Fabric cluster.
- Azure Service Fabric CLI (sfctl) will be installed automatically from 6.5 onwards when you upgrade or create new Azure Service Fabric Linux cluster
- SFCTL is installed by default on MacOS/Linux OneBox cluster
In addition, the release contains many new features, bug fixes, supportability, reliability and performance improvements. For the full list of all the changes, refer to the release notes.