What does CIA have to do with Leap Year?
And what does this have to do with Azure Security?
Consider the following:
- Most cloud applications use UTC, which means on Feb 29th it might be some other time in your time zone
- Leap Year bugs can be found anywhere, using any programming language
- Because of this, Leap Year bugs have caused major service outages in the past (the “A” in CIA)
What are the two most dangerous Leap Year bugs:
- Adding or subtracting years in C/C++
- Declaring an array of values for each day of the year
It’s not too late to address these issues.