Here’s what has been added in Azure Mobile Services:
- node.js runtime (version 0.1.6.2973)
- Integration with notification hubs for push: your mobile service can now use the power of notification hubs to send push notifications to your clients. Check this post for more details.
- .NET runtime (version 1.0.191) [preview]
- A long awaited feature is now live: you can now create mobile services using .NET in the backend instead of node.js. Check out the getting started documents for more information (Windows Store / C#; Windows Store / JS; Windows Phone; iOS)
- Notification hubs integration for push is also enabled for this runtime (it’s actually the only option, unless you want to talk to the authentication providers directly).
As usual, feel free to send us questions and comments in this blog or in our forums.
P.S.: Now that we have two different runtime types, the titles of these posts will not be based on the runtime version, but on the week where it was released instead.