We hope to see you at Microsoft Government Tech Summit in Washington, D.C. on March 5–6, 2018! It will be two incredible days of technical learning, networking, and hands-on skill-building, led by the experts behind Microsoft’s cloud services.
Who should attend? This exclusive learning event is targeted at ITI, ITDM, IT professionals, and developers. You have access to exclusive trainings and other engagements offered only to Government Tech Summit attendees along with peer-to-peer networking opportunities for our valued customers and partners! Don’t miss this opportunity to hear the latest product updates and get “hands-on” through a series of immersive experiences, including workshops, the Azure Government HackFest, and a device bar featuring Microsoft Surface – the ultimate technology for driving innovation and intelligent security in the Modern Workplace.
Start your cloud journey
The 2018 Government Tech Summit kicks off with two keynotes on Day 1 – including Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure Government. This dynamic line-up offers the latest updates and insights into roadmaps for Modern Workplace + Cloud & Application Infrastructure.
This year, we are showcasing Azure Government, Microsoft 365 for US Government and Dynamics 365 for Government with over 60 dedicated government sessions to help you lead your organization through digital transformation. We are also hosting an insightful executive exchange where you’ll hear from thought leaders currently making their mark on the government tech community. This invigorating panel discussion features trailblazing women who will share their journey and experiences within the industry.
Women in Tech: Their Journey to Power Government Innovation
- Karen Evans– National Director, U.S. Cyber Challenge
- Maria Roat- Chief Information Officer, Small Business Administration
- Carmen Middleton – Deputy Executive Director, CIA (Retired)
- Julia White – Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Azure & Security Marketing
- Moderated by Susie Adams, Sr Director, US Federal Management, Microsoft
We invite you to explore recommended sessions delivered by Azure Government’s top engineers and experts and be sure to join the Microsoft Tech Community for all posted session content following the event.
Day 1 Sessions
|What's New in the Azure Government Cloud (GOV)|
|Patterns and practices for enabling central IT to become a cloud broker (GOV)|
|Build, Deploy and Scale Containers in Azure Government with Kubernetes (GOV)|
|Developing Apps on Azure Government Using Cognitive Services (GOV)|
|Getting Past Go: Accelerating Your App to Azure Government (GOV)|
|Data Services in Azure Government (GOV)|
|Move your whole datacenter into Azure Government (GOV)|
|Bring your Apps to the cloud with Frame VDI on Azure Government (GOV)|
|Getting Beyond Lift and Shift on Azure Government (GOV)|
|Machine Learning in Azure Government (GOV)|
Day 2 Sessions
|Build Your Hybrid Cloud with Red Hat OpenShift and Azure Government (GOV)|
|Introduction to CSP for Government: Program Overview, benefits and how to set up your customers (GOV)|
|Deploy VMWare Horizon Cloud on Azure Government (GOV)|
|HPC Computing on Azure Government: From Crays to GPUs (GOV)|
|Enabling your organization to build applications with agility, security, and compliance (GOV)|
|Cyber Agility with the Cloud (GOV)|
|Microsoft Power BI: Empowering Federal Agencies to extract value from Any Data (GOV)|
|Streamlining Agency Application ATO on Azure Government (GOV)|
|Azure IoT for Government: Complete Cloud Offerings for the IoT Revolution (GOV)|
|Building a Secure and Compliant Application on Azure Government (GOV)|
Build your cloud skills with free, in-depth trainings
These special trainings offer direct access to top cloud engineers and other solution experts in a hands-on learning environment.
Government Technology Immersions These one-hour immersions help users envision the power of connected collaboration and better understand how modern capabilities deliver maximum value to your agency.
- Microsoft 365 Experience. Join a trained facilitator for an introduction to Microsoft Office 365 in a hands-on environment. Using real world business scenarios, attendees will gain new insights into how Office 365 and Windows can improve collaboration while driving workplace optimization.
- Security Experience. Now more than ever, data is accessed, used and shared on-premise and in the cloud – erasing traditional security boundaries. And as such, technology that helps protect governments against evolving cyber threats is an imperative. Attend this hands-on session led by a trained facilitator who will guide you through an industry scenario, where you’ll see first-hand how Microsoft tools can help address your complex security challenges.
Azure Government Hackfest
Calling all developers and IT pros in the Government space! Day 2, you have an exclusive invitation for an all-day Hackfest for all experience levels – in a friendly and supportive environment! Each team will be given a series of challenges as a basis for building their solutions. The event will culminate in final presentations and a social hour.
- Educate yourself and your team on the latest features and technology available on Azure Government
- Engage directly with members of the Microsoft Azure Government Engineering team while getting hands-on experience building compelling solution on Azure Government
- Meet and work with passionate technologists as you collaborate on innovative solutions in a welcoming environment
Microsoft 365 Workshops
- Deep Dive: Microsoft 365 Deployment.Learn how to deploy Windows 10 Enterprise, Office 365 ProPlus, and Enterprise Mobility + Security to leverage the full capabilities of Microsoft 365, and keep your enterprise secure.
- Deep Dive: Microsoft 365 Intelligent Security.Leverage the latest security features in Windows 10 Enterprise, Office 365, and Enterprise Mobility + Security to protect devices, apps, data, and identities.
- Deep Dive: Microsoft 365 Teamwork.Explore the ways end-users communicate, share and manage content, and collaborate across the organization, and how to utilize the end-to-end suite of Office 365 Teamwork and collaboration tools, including SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, Groups, and Yammer.
Partner Summit & Networking Reception
Microsoft Government partners are invited to attend a special half-day session focused on how to drive faster deployments while accelerating cloud business opportunities. During this session, Microsoft partners will gain new insights into available technical resources and communities available across the Microsoft US Partner team. Learn about Microsoft’s 2018 partner-centered investments while participating in deep dives on Azure Government solutions. The Partner Summit will culminate in an exclusive networking event with Microsoft experts and industry peers.
At Microsoft our mission is to Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. That mission has a special meaning for this audience, particularly in the era of Cloud computing. Microsoft empowers digital government transformation with a unique choice of public, private and hybrid, hyper-scale cloud services with a commitment to openness and providing a cloud that governments can trust. Learn more at Microsoft Government Tech Summit in Washington, D.C.