Following the arrival of SQL Database v12, we’d like to announce the general availability of Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Azure SQL Stretch Database in Microsoft Azure Government.
Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Azure SQL Data Warehouse is a cloud-based, fully managed database capable of processing massive amounts of data, both relational and non-relational. Built on our massively parallel processing (MPP) architecture, SQL Data Warehouse allows you to manage your data quickly and flexibly
- Scalability through a massively parallel processing (MPP) architecture
- Automatic backups and rapid resizing abilities
- Built-in auditing and threat detection
SQL Server Stretch Database SQL Server Stretch Database part of SQL Server 2016 that allows you to selectively, securely and transparently migrate your on-premise cold or historical data, to Azure. Allowing you to free up disk space and reduce your enterprise storage costs, without impacting your existing business operations and applications. It allows you to take on that journey to the cloud, on your terms.
- Cost effective online cold data
- Reduced local storage and maintenance costs
- Entire table always online and accessible
- No application changes
- Supports Always Encrypted and Row-Level Security
We welcome your comments and suggestions to help us continually improve your Azure Government experience. To stay up to date on all things Azure Government, be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed and to receive emails, click “Subscribe by Email!” on the Azure Government Blog. To experience the power of Azure Government for your organization, sign up for an Azure Government Trial.