Welcome to another Azure Content Spotlight! These articles are used to highlight items in Azure that could be more visible to the Azure community.
There are many deployment strategies in practice, and for any cloud solution of reasonable size, it is essential to have well understand strategy in place to avoid significant outages. An important aspect of this is for a enterprise to have a common understanding of different deployment strategies. Itay Shakury's post Deployment Strategies Defined provides a clear and easy to read summary of several deployment strategies. The common deployment strategies explained are:
- Reckless Deployment - a simple replace deployment
- Rolling Deployment - a gradual replacement of one version with another version
- Blue/Green Deployment - a swapping deployment
- Canary Deployment - a side by side deployment with feature toggling and/or alpha-beta testing
- Versioned Deployment - a side by side deployment while letting the client choose the version
Excellent to see a concise summary and very applicable to Azure cloud solutions!