Welcome to another Azure Content Spotlight! These articles are used to highlight items in Azure that could be more visible to the Azure community.
Azure AD Domain Services provides managed domain services like domain join, group policy, LDAP, and Kerberos/NTLM authentication, all fully compatible with Windows Server Active Directory. You can now create new managed AD domains and perform administrative tasks like configuring secure LDAP using the Azure portal.
Want to get started? Take a look at the following articles:
- Task 1: configure basic settings
- Task 2: configure network settings
- Task 3: configure administrator group and enable Azure AD Domain Services
- Task 4: update DNS settings for virtual network
- Task 5: enable password synchronization
Note: This public preview release supports only classic Azure virtual networks. Resource Manager-based virtual networks are not yet supported.