Customers are looking for a mainframe alternative capable of delivering equivalent functionality and features without the drawbacks and costs. This paper covers the major IBM z/OS mainframe components alongside their Azure equivalents and is designed to help you complete the critical first step of moving to the cloud. It also provides a road map for starting the conversation with IT decision-makers who subscribe to outdated mainframe philosophies.
Download the 20-page whitepaper on Azure.com:
Basic table of contents (ToC):
- Intended audience
- What is a mainframe?
- Mainframe myths and facts
- Mainframe strengths
- Mainframe weaknesses
- Why Azure makes sense for mainframe applications
- MIPS vs. vCPUs
- Mainframe costs vs. Azure
- Mainframe storage
- Mainframe transaction processing
- Migrating mainframe workloads to Azure workloads
- Moving mainframe data to Azure
- Planning the migration
- Understanding mainframe data: Db2, VSAM, IMS DB
- Mainframe operations
- Integration between the mainframe and Azure
- Mainframe high availability
- Mainframe backup and recovery
- Mainframe development and testing
- Value of Azure
- Partner solutions on Azure
- Learn more
Written by Larry Mead from AzureCAT. Edited by John Kaiser. Reviewed by Benjamin Guinebertière.
Azure CAT Guidance
"Hands-on solutions, with our heads in the Cloud!"