Importing values with dimensions and/or adding financial dimensions to ANY excel template (GL, budgeting, etc).
- Make sure all financial dimensions have been added to Dynamics 365 for Operations and activated. There is a status on each financial dimension that tells you if it is Active of Inactive. If any are showing Inactive after a refresh on the page, be sure to Activate them.
- Modify the DimensionCombinationEntity or DimensionSetEntity (for default dimensions). You can do this on both AX7 and Operations. Both instructions are included in the wiki: https://ax.help.dynamics.com/en/wiki/dimensions-overview/
- Create an integration format in the Financial dimension configuration for integrating applications: https://ax.help.dynamics.com/en/wiki/financial-dimension-configuration-for-integrating-applications/
- Add the financial dimensions to the Excel template and publish the template: https://ax.help.dynamics.com/en/wiki/off101-office-integration-enable-users-to-edit-data-in-excel/
- If you want to take it one step further and have lookups on the financial dimensions, you can then follow the steps in this wiki: https://ax.help.dynamics.com/en/wiki/add-dimensions-to-microsoft-excel-templates/
If you are simply importing values with entities in the Data Management area, you only need the integration format.