Support incidents will be archived for AX2012 incidents involving a bug at the time bug information is available in Lifecycle Services (LCS)
AX2012 support incident created Support Incident is researched and found a code change is required by Microsoft Bug for a hotfix request is created Bug is triaged and accepted, bug request is in a created state
Bug information is available in LCS (at this point case is archived)
– LCS link is provided for continued review of bug status by customer
– Capability for customer to receive external notification of bug resolution
– Information in LCS contains workflow of bug with status information
– Created (1 of 3)
– Investigating a fix (2 of 3)
– Quality Assurance (3 of 3)
– Conclusion of quality assurance results in resolution of bug
Example of information which could be provided in an AX2012 support incident involving a bug:
Below is a summary of the case for your records
< Scope Issue Statement>
Break/fix support incident
Indicated below is the LCS link for the hotfix request, you will be able to track the workflow of the issue in LCS:
‘indicate LCS link’
Three status values are provided in LCS for a hotfix request, after completion of Quality Assurance status a resolution will be available for consumption.
Created (1 of 3)
Investigating a fix (2 of 3)
Quality Assurance (3 of 3)
Subscribing to the LCS issue notification feature allows for notification when a resolution is available.
URL for hotfix download:
– Indicated in LCS issue notification email
– Search on the Bug Id in issue search will navigate to new site containing resolution
Using the initial URL will not bring you to the resolution page as a new page is created at time of resolution
At this time, I will be closing this incident, a hotfix process has been enabled as a technical solution for this support incident.
- If a hotfix is provided for this issue and a technical issue arise when attempting to implement the hotfix, please create a new support situation with our development support team for further assistance.
- If a cumulative update is indicated for this issue and a technical issue arise when attempting to implement the update, please create a new support situation with our development support team for further assistance.
- If after implementation of the hotfix, there is still an issue. Please create a new support incident as new code has been introduced to the system. Indicate the KB implemented and specific repro steps.
- If after implementation of a cumulative update, there is still an issue. Please create a new support incident as new code has been introduced to your system. Indicated the KB implemented, CU build, and specific repro steps.
In some incidents, it is determined a hotfix will not be supplied for a situation, in these instances a description will be provided indicating why the decision for no change was made
As this case is related to a product issue it will be closed as non-decrement, meaning you will not be charged for this case.
You may receive an invitation from Microsoft to complete a brief web survey. Your feedback is very important to us and we use it to continually improve our service. We would appreciate it if you can take the time to complete this survey.
Notice: Junk Mail
LCS Email Notification is sent from ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ or ‘email@example.com’. If you use an e-mail filter or a SPAM blocker, we recommend adding ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and ‘email@example.com’ or the Microsoft domain to your safe senders list. (The safe senders list also known as a whitelist or an approved senders list.) This will assist in preventing this email going to your junk mail or automatically deleted.