The Management Packs have arrived! We now have System Center Operations Manager management packs for both core Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and the AX 2012 R3 Retail functionality. The Retail management pack has been tested for side-by-side compatibility with the core management pack.
The current management pack has been updated to work with AX 2012 R3, and works for all older versions of AX 2012, although to use it with older versions, you must install the hotfix from KB
You can get it from the Download Center at: System Center Management Pack for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 or from the catalog in System Center. For detailed documentation, see the Management Pack Guide in the download package.
Retail Management Pack
This management pack allows IT administrators to gain deep real-time insights into their distributed retail deployments, during deployment as well as ongoing operations.
Note: The Retail Management Pack works only with AX 2012 R3 Retail functionality.
You can get it from the Download Center at: System Center 2012 Management Pack for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Retail or from the catalog in System Center. For detailed documentation, see the Management Pack Guide in the download package.
Using the Retail Management Pack, IT administrators can:
- Auto-discover Retail components
- Monitor service and application pool state
- Monitor components such as POS with online or offline databases, Retail online store, Retail Server, Async Server, Async Client, Real-time Service, and Commerce Data Exchange
- Monitor inter-component connectivity
- Remotely change tracing levels with minimal down-time
- Bulk collect event logs
- Monitor SSL certificate expiry
- Alert for key failure states