Cumulative update 7 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 is now available on CustomerSource and PartnerSource and we’ve posted new content to support it on TechNet and MSDN.
To view details of the supporting content that is available for the new features in CU7, see What’s new in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 cumulative update 7. Also, the New, Changed, and Deprecated features guide is now available as individual topics in the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 library on TechNet. The guide has been thoroughly updated, so take a look!
New features for each audience in CU7 include the following:
Module updates: A number of features have been added for application users, particularly in the following modules: Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Budgeting, Fixed assets, General ledger, Human resources, Inventory and warehouse management, Payroll, Procurement and sourcing, Product information management, Production control, Project management and accounting, Public Sector, Retail, and Sales and marketing.
Other new features:
- Office Add-ins for Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Sales tax processing
Companion apps: Along with cumulative update 7 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2, Microsoft is releasing several companion apps that work with the product. These apps are compatible only with installations of cumulative update 7 or later for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
Country/region-specific features: There are many new country/region-specific features, particularly for the following countries: Belgium, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, and Switzerland.
A number of features have been added for system administrators. Key features include:
- Update installer now includes support for selecting application updates based on module, configuration key, country/region, or business process model from Lifecycle Services, as well as automatically merging code changes when possible.
- VSS writer support for backing up and restoring AX 2012 R2 with System Center Data Protection Manager.
- Data import/export framework available from the update installer, and supports many new entities.
- Reporting changes include: Windows PowerShell command for integrating multiple Reporting Services instances with Microsoft Dynamics AX, ability to email reports to specific people by using tokens, new methods for setting advanced printer properties, and that Management Reporter can now be installed with Microsoft Dynamics AX from Setup.
A number of features have been added for developers. Key features include:
- AxBuild.exe is a new tool that accomplishes a full X++ compile to p-code on the AOS. Using this tool is much faster than compiling on the client.
- Reporting changes include: Windows PowerShell command for integrating multiple Reporting Services instances with Microsoft Dynamics AX, a new class that improves the performance of the report server, the ability to email reports to specific people by using tokens, new methods for setting advanced printer properties, an updated Compare Tool for SSRS Reports, and that Management Reporter can now be installed with Microsoft Dynamics AX from Setup.