The New, Changed, and Deprecated Features guide has been updated to include R2 features. The guide contains new features for 2012, the 2012 Feature Pack, and 2012 R2, so to find the latest information, you need to search for R2.
We have also posted a new document–the New Features List for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2. It lists only the features that have been added to the product in this release.
We’ve also added a topic specifically for developers, called What’s New in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 for Developers.
Installable help updates with translated Help content are now available as well. Links to the Knowledge base articles for the updates are:
For more information about documentation for all versions of the product, see the following resources:
- Help and Resources Datasheet for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Official Dynamics AX 2012 Content blog post on Inside Dynamics AX
The Installation and Upgrade content on TechNet has been updated to apply to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
Topics that support the following 2012 R2 features have been published on TechNet.
- What’s New: Data partitioning
- Plan for data partitioning
- Data partitioning architecture
- Configure clients to access data in a partition
The reference topics for X++ and .NET have been updated for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2. This update includes changes to thousands of topics. In particular, the .NET Framework Classes for Microsoft Dynamics AX Retail section has changed. In this section, we added the Microsoft.Dynamics.Commerce.Runtime Namespace, and significantly updated the Microsoft.Dynamics.Retail.Pos.Contracts Namespace.
Documentation for over 1900 Data upgrade scripts has also been updated for R2.
Extensive updates to the Application User content have been made, including the addition of topics that support features released for the below countries/regions. To review which feature areas have been updated, see the New, Changed, and Deprecated Features guide or the New Features List for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
The following guides have been updated to support R2.
- New, Changed, and Deprecated Features guide
- New Features List for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- Release Notes
- System Requirements
- Implementation Planning Guide
- Installation Guide
- Upgrade Guide
The following white papers have been published or updated to support R2.
- Adapting your code to table normalization for country/region fields in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- An Introduction to Client Surrogate Keys in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Configuring budget plan templates for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- Configuring budget planning for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- Data upgrade best practices for Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Enhancements to inventory close performance
- Preparing for Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) (CustomerSource/PartnerSource)
- Strategies for Using the Budget Planning Analysis Data Cube
- Viewing voucher numbers and journal numbers when summarizing accounting entries for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2