Information in this document, including URLs and other Internet Web site references, are subject to change without notice. Unless otherwise noted, the companies, organizations, products, domain names, e-mail addresses, logos, people, places, and events depicted in examples herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, domain name, e-mail address, logo, person, place, or event is intended or should be inferred. Complying with all applicable copyright laws is the responsibility of the user. Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this document may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise), or for any purpose, without the express written permission of Microsoft Corporation.
Microsoft may have patents, patent applications, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in this document. Except as expressly provided in any written license agreement from Microsoft, the furnishing of this document does not give you any license to these patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property.
©2011 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Microsoft, Excel, InfoPath, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Dynamics, MS-DOS, SharePoint, SQL Server, Visual Basic, Visual Studio, Windows, Windows PowerShell, Windows Server, and Windows Vista are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. August 29, 2012.
With the latest update to Microsoft Dynamics ERP RapidStart Services, we have significantly improved the reliability for load projects and import metadata. The update is to all customers, but customers in Europe and Asia will see the most significant improvements.
This update requires that you update your Microsoft Dynamics ERP RapidStart Connector installation. To force this update, all the registered endpoints in RapidStart Services have been invalidated. Therefore, the next time that you sign in to RapidStart Services and navigate to Administer -> Provision -> Target Deployments, you will see a page similar to this:
To update your RapidStart Connector, follow these steps.
- 1. Delete the endpoint from the Target Deployments page.
- 2. Uninstall the existing version of your Microsoft Dynamics ERP RapidStart Connector on your Microsoft Dynamics AX endpoint installation.
- 3. Uninstall Windows Azure AppFabric SDK 1.0 on your Microsoft Dynamics AX endpoint installation.
Note that the Windows Azure AppFabric SDK is not compatible with the new version of the RapidStart Connector and must be uninstalled.
- 4. Download the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics ERP RapidStart Connector from PartnerSource or CustomerSource and install it on your Microsoft Dynamics AX endpoint.
- 5. Launch the Microsoft Dynamics ERP RapidStart Connector, enter the Microsoft Dynamics AX endpoint name, and then click Activate.
- 6. Click the activation URL, and then follow the instructions to register the endpoint.