I’m Margo Crandall, with the AX Content Publishing team. We plan to post new and updated content to TechNet and MSDN each month, and then tell you about what we’ve posted here on the Managing AXSupport blog.
Apologies for being late with our August post—the following content has actually been live since August 1st. We’ll be more prompt for September!
- Report Catalog: Descriptions of the top 50 reports, and more.
- Applying updates and hotfixes: The new Update data topic describes what you should do when an updated includes data upgrade scripts.
- Enterprise Portal: We’ve published new content about using SSL, host headers, and installing multiple portals on the same server.
- Maintaining element handles and IDs when working with models: This topic describes what happens when you don’t follow the recommended path of replacing a model by writing over it, and why. Key point: Never delete and then reinstall a model!
- Enterprise Portal for application users: Describes how to use the default Enterprise Portal sites.
- Configuring product wide features section: Product-wide feature are features that are available in more than one module. Most need to be configured early in the product adoption lifecycle.
- Country-specific content: This topic lists the country/region-specific Help topics that are available. This list is organized by country/region, and then by Microsoft Dynamics AX functional area.
- Three-way matching policies for Accounts payable:
- Examples:Three-way matching policies
- About Accounts payable invoice matching
- Set up Accounts payable invoice matching
- Glossary: Lists terms and definitions that are used in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Using Help: Describes how to use Help from within Microsoft Dynamics AX, and how to use the Microsoft Dynamics AX web search tool.
New white papers include:
- Date effective patterns in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Deploying customizations across Microsoft Dynamics AX environments (updated)
- Lean manufacturing: Kanban and pull-based manufacturing
- Securing data by dimension value by using extensible data security
- Using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 to exchange documents with Microsoft Dynamics AX
If you are curious about our general content strategy, where you can find our content, and how to give us feedback, see the post on Inside Dynamics AX: Official Dynamics AX 2012 Content.