Dynamics AX Trace Parser Update 2

We have just released an update to Trace Parser with a lot of bug fixes. You can get it off from Partner Source or Customer Source. If you have any issues, you can contact me through the blog and I will do my best to help you. If you have any feedback we will be releasing an Update 3 so please send it in.

1. BPond says:

Ray – In the latest version, after installation, I was unable to find any documentation in the installation folder.  In addition, the Trace Parser videos from prior blogs are now inactive.

I'm eager to begin using this tool, but with no documentation or videos, cannot get started.

Thanks,

Brian

PondBL@hotmail.com

2. leon says:

Where is the documentation??

3. casperkamal says:

The documentation is missing.. :( please add it

4. TomDc says:

I have some problems after installation. I did a uninstall of the previous version, cleanup the objects in AX, installed this release.

When I want to import a client trace, the trace parser tool crashes immediately.

The Traceparser allows you to install the client integration. This has compilation errors, the assembly points to a version 6.0.0.0, while I found only version 0.0.0.0 in the bin directory back.

I work with separate machines: DB, AOS and client/.NET BC.

Please add documentation and release as soon as possible an new update.

5. Arijit says:

I have installed it on X64 platform but when I try to install the Client ccomponents the client opens and then freezes.

6. super();man says:

7. Jonas says:

Hi

I have some performance issues and was hoping that this tool could help me, but…

There is no documentation.

I made a small test and tried to install client components but could not compile in Ax2009. First I hade to rename the .NET reference. After that I could compile, but the TraceParser exe name was wrong in the code. The installation path was pointing to another location than the suggested path in the msi file. I was actually able to create a trace, but even though I processed it nothing was displayed.

I tried to import a trace into the event tracer but was informed that a mof file was mssing and then the app crashed.

I guess I have missed soemthing, but without any documentation it is actually impossible to use this tool at all. Now I hope that I can at least remove the stuff that was installed into Ax without any warning.

/Jonas