A big THANKS to the community that has been helping test DynamicsPerf 2.0 !!
Beta 5 has been posted here: DynamicsPerf 2.0 Beta 5
For anyone who has an older beta installed, it is highly recommended to upgrade to Beta 5. The biggest issue that has been corrected in Beta 5 is the purge script. Without installing Beta 5 you may find that your DynamicsPerf database keeps growing in size.
- Purge script has been corrected. Incorrect data was being inserted into the PURGETABLE.
- Many of the sample queries in the Analyze project have been corrected or updated.
- Added index to QUERY_PLANS_PARSED to improve performance of all QUERY views
- Added SERVER_NAME column to PERF_HOURLY_WAITSTATS_VW so that you can select by server if collecting from multiple servers
- Corrected SP_INDEX_CHANGES procedure, index added and deleted were backwards
- Corrected DYNPERF_COLLECT_SQL_DATABASE_FILES procedure to properly display initial database size and other columns
- Corrected DYNPERF_UPDATE_SSRS_HISTORY to update SSRS HISTORY table correctly for Default instances of SQL Server
- Enhanced DYNPERF_COLLECT_SQL_TEXT and DYNPERF_COLLECT_QUERY_PLANS by passing PLAN_HANDLE as part of remote collection
- Enhanced SERVER_ACTIVITY procedure adding Blocking data to better support current activity on remote servers
- Changed synonyms in SET_AX_SQLTRACE to be unique to avoid a collision with one of the processing procedures
- Replaced a temp table in SP_CAPTURESTATS and SP_PROCESS_STATS with work tables to avoid rapid create/delete of temp tables.
- Added new procedure DYNPERF_COLLECT_AX_USERINFO to collect AX USER IDs for better correlation with CONNECTIONCONTEXT being enabled
- Enhanced DYNPERF_PROCESS_QUERY_PLANS to not process QUERY_HASH 0x00000000 to improve performance
- Enhanced DYNPERF_PROCESS_QUERY_PLANS to process the plans by TOTAL_ELPASED_TIME to process the plans that will be reviewed first.
- Enhanced DYNPERF_PROCESS_QUERY_PLANS to set MAXDOP to 25% of the CPUs or a minimum of 2 to improve performance of the procedure without overwhelming the CPUs on SQL Server where DynamicsPerf is installed.
- Enhanced DYNPERF_REFRESH_QUERY_PLANS and DYNPERF_REFRESH_QUERY_TEXT to use a unique temp table to avoid a blocking condition with the collection tasks
- Updated AOTEXPORT xpo to better support multiple languages
Please download the Upgrade DynamicsPerf 2.0 script which contains all upgrade scripts for all previous betas. Also, download the full Beta 5 to get the new installation scripts and the new sample scripts which have all been updated.
We need as many installs of Beta 5 as possible to find any remaining issues so that we can progress to a release candidate. A reporting solution for DynamicsPerf 2.0 will be provided at a later date.
Thanks for all of your help !!
Rod “Hotrod” Hansen